AP POLL CLASS 1A AUGUST 27 2018

Southtowner

I myself like having a few rungs left on the ladder to climb early in the season. Polls are opinions and while I do respect most it is hard for most not to be biased. Do I think my team is the best? Well they are my favorite and I would pull for them against the 85 bears. Win or lose I enjoy watching them play. Football season is one of the greatest things in life to enjoy for me. I have been a fan for these dawgs for going on 40 years now. Stood in the rain during 0-10 seasons and as long as they fought and scrapped til the final whistle I was proud. I know there are many fans out there and sometimes tensions get a little high but I always thank the Lord that I am blessed to be able to enjoy the game in this great country we call home. Oh and as always.....

Go Dawgs!

Edited by sum1uno
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree with you. To be the man you’ve got to beat the man. I’m just not sure anyone in 1A can do it. Before anyone says anything.. I don’t want to hear anything about scrimmages. It’s not the same. 

Only thing I’ve heard from anybody is GB is the favorites. Don’t start with your drama. 

3 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

We’ve got a ways to go but they are getting there. I hope lol. 

You will get there. 1A or 2A hasn’t seen a repeat favorite like this except for Union City in 2014. Everyone knew they were going to repeat. The only questions were what teams were going to be the sacrificial lambs along the way and by how much. 

58 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

I myself like having a few rungs left on the ladder to climb early in the season. Polls are opinions and while I do respect most it is hard for most not to be biased. Do I think my team is the best? Well they are my favorite and I would pull for them against the 85 bears. Win or lose I enjoy watching them play. Football season is one of the greatest things in life to enjoy for me. I have been a fan for these dawgs for going on 40 years now. Stood in the rain during 0-10 seasons and as long as they fought and scrapped til the final whistle I was proud. I know there are many fans out there and sometimes tensions get a little high but I always thank the Lord that I am blessed to be able to enjoy the game in this great country we call home. Oh and as always.....

Go Dawgs!

If you can't respect this, you have no business on these boards! 

We all wish our teams would go undefeated every season, but it adds something to our character to endure losing seasons and still support our kids.

11 hours ago, JMB54 said:

Guess I'll be the first from WC to say we dont belong in the top 10 after 2 games.  We've got the talent but havent shown it yet!

If we could get rid of the preseason injuries, that some kids had,  and a few  more, we've had last couple games, maybe we can get going! But I agree completely, we shouldn't be in the top ten or 15 for that matter!  These boys have got to get serious, or face being a 500 team at best! We are turning the ball over way too much!  Can't happen any more, or it will be a long year! We must  block better up front, especially pass blocking, we must improve in order to give Risner more time to see the field!  The backs and receivers have to block down the field better on running plays. They don't stay on blocks long enough. At times we look really good running the ball, but the passing game has struggled for various reasons. There is alot of talent on this team, but they aren't showing it to this point! It's time to get it going this week!  "GO CATS"

Edited by IMAWCFAN

44 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You will get there. 1A or 2A hasn’t seen a repeat favorite like this except for Union City in 2014. Everyone knew they were going to repeat. The only questions were what teams were going to be the sacrificial lambs along the way and by how much. 

There’s another orange and black team down south that might have something to say about a repeat. I know we can’t help our district schedule but outside of GCA our schedule is pretty weak this year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sum1uno said:

Go Dawgs!

Well said my friend! You deserve to be enjoying the ride these boys are giving you more than anybody! Back when we were in the same region I always said that one day Cville would put all the pieces together, no matter how bad a season y'all were having everybody knew that when we played Cville it was going to be a fight, I miss those days!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree with you. To be the man you’ve got to beat the man. I’m just not sure anyone in 1A can do it. Before anyone says anything.. I don’t want to hear anything about scrimmages. It’s not the same. 

Scrimmages, scrimmages...someone wants to talk about scrimmages....lol

Totally agree with GB being #1..until they are de-throned that’s were they will stay! Like I said before, GB is looking like a 1a Alcoa!