Dickson County

clifford20

I can only see 3, possible 4 that could compete.  Brentwood, Dickson County, Page, and Ravenwood on a good night.  The rest of WilCo is way below par talent wise compared to years past. 

Page is streaky.  They are only as good as Laine is that night.  When shes on, so is Page.

Ravenwood has to many injuries but are still driven.  Good blockers 

Brentwood can only beat themselves.  To many times Brentwood plays to the level of their competition.  The front row for Brentwood (Oldham (soph), Eggleston (soph), and Tate (Freshman)) can attack any part of the court at anytime.  You need to get blockers in their face to slow them down for your back row.

Dickson County - Have not seen them play.

I agree Brentwood is #1, and then its a revolving door for that #2 position in District 11 with some drop off.

It's my personal opinion that teams like Dickson County, Page, Ravenwood, Independence & Summit if in a different Region than 6 would *likely* qualify for state and have a chance to win a game  (I'm not saying compete for the title necessarily). I could be wrong. They just seem like too decent of teams to leave off the dance floor completely.

To also answer above, Dickson's best wins are Goodpasture, Station Camp, Nolensville, Hazel Green (AL). They have Wilco wins against Summit, Independence & Franklin. They won the Rocky Top Sevierville Tourney & The Mid TN tourney. With so many games, even if it is a softer schedule, to have the fortitude to win 30+ games is a feat. A date with Camden is coming up next week. They should solidly win, but it will be a good game.

With 8 seniors, Dickson does have quite the dropoff for next year though. So I hope they get a chance to compete beyond Region to see what they can do. it's a fun time of the year!

3 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

I agree Brentwood is #1, and then its a revolving door for that #2 position in District 11 with some drop off.

It's my personal opinion that teams like Dickson County, Page, Ravenwood, Independence & Summit if in a different Region than 6 would *likely* qualify for state and have a chance to win a game  (I'm not saying compete for the title necessarily). I could be wrong. They just seem like too decent of teams to leave off the dance floor completely.

To also answer above, Dickson's best wins are Goodpasture, Station Camp, Nolensville, Hazel Green (AL). They have Wilco wins against Summit, Independence & Franklin. They won the Rocky Top Sevierville Tourney & The Mid TN tourney. With so many games, even if it is a softer schedule, to have the fortitude to win 30+ games is a feat. A date with Camden is coming up next week. They should solidly win, but it will be a good game.

With 8 seniors, Dickson does have quite the dropoff for next year though. So I hope they get a chance to compete beyond Region to see what they can do. it's a fun time of the year!

Good luck to them........until Brentwood :D

This is a really good thread. I agree with a lot of the points made. I think Dickson County will make it to state this year over a second Wilco school. I thought Indy was going to challenge this season. But the injury to AC really hurt the team. As noted elsewhere, the injuries at Ravenwood have made it a difficult year for them to get on track. I think another issue affecting the district is setting. The district lost four setters to college ball from last year. With all due respect to the replacements this year, the inconsistency, inexperience, and unlikeliness that most of them will also set at the next level is causing these wild swings and unexpected results in my opinion.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

19 hours ago, Osage said:

Those kids are gassed. And schedule says they're headed to Lexington this weekend. 

This was my point earlier in the thread.  WAY to many matches.  4 tournaments are too much.  I just don't think it's debatable.     I really hope DC get's it done. My only worry with DC is the pressure of it all when you have never been in that situation. 

Edited by clifford20

3 hours ago, clifford20 said:

This was my point earlier in the thread.  WAY to many matches.  4 tournaments are too much.  I just don't think it's debatable.     I really hope DC get's it done. My only worry with DC is the pressure of it all when you have never been in that situation. 

I still think it's debatable if you have the right team.  Brentwood won the tournaments in Knoxville and Miami, second place in Birmingham with the last tourny next week in Atlanta.  Only way to tell is if they win the state tourny.  Sure, most teams do not have the depth to play all these tournaments, some do.