Naders cross tha creik two 825

STARSNBARS

On 9/7/2018 at 10:25 PM, TwistedTornado16 said:

Despite the refs ignoring a blatant late hit on an Alcoa player in the 3rd and letting Tee Hodge bring out an obvious touchback late  in the 4th Alcoa wins 34-28.  I rarely complain about officiating, but those two non-calls were very beneficial to Maryvilles comeback attempt.  Hate to see those of mistakes.  Other than that, a fantastic game.  Both teams played like champions.  Maryvilles uncharasteric turnovers were the deciding factor.  Both teams will be great going forward.   I sure am glad Alcoa won.  Both my daughters have got to see Alcoa beat Maryville their sophomore years!  Appreciate Maryvilles fans being classy as always.  They are always gracious hosts win or lose.   

It's where the ball is, not Tee's feet.  If the ball did not cross the goal line, it was the correct call.  The ref making that judgement is above reproach, IHMO.  Not at better guy out there.  Unless you were sitting where you could look straight down the goal line (as the ref was), you weren't in a position to make this judgement.

2 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

It's where the ball is, not Tee's feet.  If the ball did not cross the goal line, it was the correct call.  The ref making that judgement is above reproach, IHMO.  Not at better guy out there.  Unless you were sitting where you could look straight down the goal line (as the ref was), you weren't in a position to make this judgement.

I seen some plays that I questioned the refs calls. After the replay, They where spot on! Great called game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MountainRebel said:

Alcoa deserved to win! shoulder on the targeting, last non call  fumble against Alcoa was a fumble. got the monkey off the back, but you know where the bread is buttered!

Nope on the fumble, ref blew the play dead before the ball came out. The targeting, I dislike that call. I think that's just football.

• Upvote 1

I just watched the whistle play on the Diamond Clear. It looked completely different from the other side of the field. It was very close and I couldn't hear a whistle at all with all the cheering on the video. I still don't know how the Alcoa radio guy heard a whistle in the press box like he said on Facebook. I'm not disagreeing with the call, I'm disagreeing with the fact that radio guy can hear that whistle in the press box.

• Upvote 1

#wideright. #takeaknee  ...:)

Sorry I couldn’t help myself.  

Sounds like such a great game and I would have loved to have been there.  I’m thankful, men and women, that we can discuss—and even debate some—without throwing our friendships under the bus.  When I say to remember, “it’s just high school football”, trust me I’m the “kettle calling the pot black”.  But as I get a little older, I’m starting to get it a little better.

My son taught Sunday School Sunday morning to a group of youth—some from Maryville, some from Alcoa, and even one from Heritage.  He talked about how as Christians, our church and our youth group, should be our “refuge” where we can support, encourage, console, and yes, even love one another , and keep a proper perspective on sports and rivalries.  I was pretty proud of him ... he’s a lot further along than his old man in so many ways.

Sermon’s over!