Polk vs McMinn Central

Polk04

1 minute ago, Dadof2 said:

I know there’s some good athletes and big kids over there, so what’s going on, are the kids just not playing football? are they not playing hard? are the coaches not coaching them up?

There are 4-5 athletes. Nothing like they had in 2014/15/16. No big kids. They are all in the student section. Our offensive line is undersized and slow. Our backs do what they can with the little blocking they receive. QB is inconsistent when he gets time to throw and very slow.  RBs can't seem to protect the rock. Defense plays well but stay on the field all game and get worn out.

1 minute ago, BloodCharger said:

There are 4-5 athletes. Nothing like they had in 2014/15/16. No big kids. They are all in the student section. Our offensive line is undersized and slow. Our backs do what they can with the little blocking they receive. QB is inconsistent when he gets time to throw and very slow.  RBs can't seem to protect the rock. Defense plays well but stay on the field all game and get worn out.

Hate to hear that, as a Meigs fan I’ve always enjoyed the rivalry between the two schools in all sports, maybe they can get it turned around. 

15 minutes ago, charger05 said:

Again, you don't know me. I never claimed to have greater football knowledge than anyone. Also, I'm not snapping at anyone. Just a little frustrated to know most of these boys, how much effort they give, and how little effort they and other assistant coaches tell me their leader has. Central has rarely had a great seasons and I'm not asking for greatness now...just effort. It's frustrating when a kid gets severely concussed that his head coach won't even get in touch with the family to check on him. Or, when some of these guys see their coach as a father figure, and he refuses to communicate with them off the field...it just bothers me. I could be in the minority, but I feel like when you sign up to be a head coach, and take that little extra county money that comes your way, it requires more than just standing on the sideline.

1. I think I remember the situation you're referring to. I'm positive he checked on the kid that was injured. He wouldn't just not check. That was blown out of proportion. 

2. I do know that the kids have a team app that allows for constant communication with any coach. I've heard he's had to take kids home on a bus after practices...I'm sure there's plenty more. He has a home life and family as well. 

3. I wish the county cared enough about athletics to pay enough where coaches wouldn't have to moonlight to make ends meet. I DO know it's not even a minimum wage for the coaching supplement. 

11 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Hate to hear that, as a Meigs fan I’ve always enjoyed the rivalry between the two schools in all sports, maybe they can get it turned around. 

Are the Meigs kids even getting to play? With all the Marion, Rhea, Bledsoe, Cleveland, and Athens kids there now I figured that might cause a riff. Winning cures all I guess..Go get that state title this year! I'll probably try to make it to their playoff games..

15 minutes ago, BloodCharger said:

1. I think I remember the situation you're referring to. I'm positive he checked on the kid that was injured. He wouldn't just not check. That was blown out of proportion. 

2. I do know that the kids have a team app that allows for constant communication with any coach. I've heard he's had to take kids home on a bus after practices...I'm sure there's plenty more. He has a home life and family as well. 

3. I wish the county cared enough about athletics to pay enough where coaches wouldn't have to moonlight to make ends meet. I DO know it's not even a minimum wage for the coaching supplement. 

1. 100% positive he didnt as it is family.

2. Telling parents at a parent meeting to delete his number from their kids phone seems extreme, but it happened. Also, not bashing character or family life, I just feel that coaches have extra responsibility.

3. Agree. I wish administration at the high school and central office understood how important athletics can be to a student in developing character, teamwork, etc. With new admin coming in soon, I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Also want to apologize if I seemed rude or uncivil. Completely didn't mean to come off that way, just a little passionate about the kids (as I can tell you are too).

2 hours ago, BloodCharger said:

Are the Meigs kids even getting to play? With all the Marion, Rhea, Bledsoe, Cleveland, and Athens kids there now I figured that might cause a riff. Winning cures all I guess..Go get that state title this year! I'll probably try to make it to their playoff games..

Ohhhhhhhh...he got us. Lol

We have a few from Rhea and 1 from Riceville, but I applaud your creativity.

7 hours ago, BloodCharger said:

They’ve riffed the doors off three bad teams this year so far. 

Polk by hopefully a million. 

• Upvote 2

Nothing will ever be done with the coaches at mcminn central or mcminn county.  Sports doesn't mean anything to the administration. As long as the kids graduate,  NOBODY CARES. That's pretty clear to see. I call it the way I see it.  I think the kids deserve better.  It's like any other job.  If you don't do your job right,  you lose your job. Nothing personal.  Just being honest about the issue at hand. 

Edited by SportsNut68