Battle of the Bridge; AC vs Clinton

haweanbula

16 hours ago, vol9er said:

FYI, I played college ball. No hatred whatsoever. Just clowning 2 clowns is all. There was a really good video posted on facebook that clearly shows The AC athletic director (AKA mighty mouse) starting this whole altercation. Its to bad, because Davey Gilliam is a top tear coach and person. He just has a few idiots making their staff look bad. Get smart coach G, fire their aZZs. Be the first head coach to tell his athletic director "YOUR FIIRRRRD".

The coach that 1st put his hands on the other coach should be suspended for the rest of the season. The coach that reacted to  being pushed should have no consequences at all. If a grown man puts his hands on you, I don't care mud stomp him.

I don't have a dog in this fight. But that was ridiculous. If a man pushes you, what are you supposed to do? back up and say please do it again?

You have a right to defend yourself and you shouldn't get in trouble for doing so.

AC comes out of this incident looking very bad

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If you have the nerve to tell a referee well they should not have there starters in it is no telling what this Clinton coach has done and thought. That is as close as it can get to I could care less what my players do because you have your starters in. That kind of attitude is vishous and does not belong in atmosphere where kids play ball. And this is why the referee done what he did. It only makes a person wonder what else could this coach be teaching kids. Being a coach should also mean being humain.

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

If you have the nerve to tell a referee well they should not have there starters in it is no telling what this Clinton coach has done and thought. That is as close as it can get to I could care less what my players do because you have your starters in. That kind of attitude is vishous and does not belong in atmosphere where kids play ball. And this is why the referee done what he did. It only makes a person wonder what else could this coach be teaching kids. Being a coach should also mean being humain.

Likewise for the cows coaching staff trying to fight. McKamey was bombarded by at least 4 coaches from Ac. Aren’t you suppose to turn the other cheek? See that’s the difference between Ac and an actual championship team. 

10 minutes ago, catswild said:

I just read McKamey's statement...enough said. I can't even respond to it. It's unlike anything I've ever read. If you haven't read it, you need to. I'm speechless, and not in a good way.

Can you copy/paste it?  I've reached my free limit of articles for the month on that worthless website/newpaper

5 minutes ago, catsfever said:

Can you copy/paste it?  I've reached my free limit of articles for the month on that worthless website/newpaper

It's a free read on Smithey's website. 

https://www.5starpreps.com/articles/free-read-thursday-statement-from-clinton-head-football-coach-randy-mckamey/

Edited by AllRegion
  • Like 1

“September 13, 2018

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RE:

Statement of Clinton High School Head Coach Randy McKamey

I am very proud to be the Head Coach for the Clinton Dragons. I am so fortunate to be able to coach the esteemed program and have received an overwhelming welcome by the Clinton community. Raised in Clinton, Tennessee and being a Dragon myself, having the opportunity to coach not only for the team and program that instilled the love of football in me but also coach my youngest son, Reagan, has been a once in a lifetime experience.

Last Thursday, following the Mavericks v. Dragons game, our students, fans, and community unfortunately had to view a situation that highlighted poor sportsmanship and brought out the worst in some. The Anderson County School Administration determined that it was appropriate to suspend me for one game based upon the events of that night and two Anderson County High School teachers and coaches, one which was suspended indefinitely. The determination as it relates to myself was outside of the scope of what TSSAA found was appropriate, which was that no disciplinary action was warranted as it related to myself. It shocked not only myself but the Clinton and football community. The response and overwhelming show of support from my community has been remarkable and inspiring. I appreciate our principal, Dr. Tipton, Athletic Director, Brad Collette, and the TSSAA for their full support and clearance in this matter and I’m thankful to be a part of such an amazing group of co-workers and fellow supportive coaches.

Further, there have been many assumptions, rumors, and comments regarding an apparent comment I made during the game about an injured player on the opposing team. These comments have been grossly misrepresented. I have never been unsympathetic or disrespectful regarding an injured player on the field. For personal reasons, I am sensitive to any injured player and will always maintain the utmost sympathy for the player and the family involved.

I am choosing to accept my punishment of the one game suspension that was handed down by the Anderson County School administration. I will serve my one game suspension with the upmost respect, however, I do not agree with the decision, I have chosen to not make a statement and stay quiet to this point out of respect for my administration and community, but I believe it is imperative that I make this statement on behalf of our team and to demonstrate that injustice at any level should not be tolerated.

I have coached and taught for 14 years in the Anderson County School system followed by 11 years as the head coach and teacher at Grace Christian Academy. Never in my 25 years of coaching and teaching have I had a disciplinary action levied against me. I have an overall record of 93-37 and take pride and respect in ensuring that my players and students see me as a role model. This disciplinary action tarnishes my reputation not only as a Coach but also as teacher, father, and friend. I fully support my team, school and community and I want them to know that I will always stand up for them and for what is right just as they have demonstrated that they are willing to do for me.

The suspension not only deprives me from being able to coach my team but also deprives my son of the right to play on Friday. Due to my story, and my family’s history, I cannot allow my son, Reagan, who is a senior, to participate in the game this week. However, because of his knowledge of the game, our offense, and the respect he has for his team, we have recruited him to assist the coaching staff this Friday. Clinton needs to rest assured that the Dragons will be in good hands and that there will be a McKamey coaching on the sideline verses the Powell Panthers at our first region home game! We may seem to be over protective parents but due to having lost a son on the field during a play, we made the decision at that time that Reagan will never play without my direct and complete input as his coach. This is non-negotiable for our family. It is also important to me that the Powell Panthers know that despite the suspension, I am going to continue the tradition of offering my respect and “good luck” to Coach Matt Lowe on Thursday at 3:45 p.m. We will meet at Powell High School to honor the pre-game tradition of shaking hands and extending our show of positive sportsmanship.

The amount of support for the Dragons and myself from the Clinton community since my arrival is very humbling. I strive daily to make my community proud and to stand up for what is right for the players and families of my team. I hope and pray that the message received is that I am not conceding to an unjust determination. I am accepting the punishment and will continue fight for fair and equal treatment within Anderson County while ensuring that positive sportsmanship remains a main focus of our football program.

Sincerely,

Randy McKamey (signature) by rem

Randy McKamey”