The Gutts @ The Ridge

SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I don't think he likes them either, no matter what FHS says. I personally know JG and I have heard him say that not just in locker room settings to fire kids up. I think he does respect Coach Courtney though. 

That is a good point SS. I have no doubt that Coach Gaddis respects Coach Courtney. I hate Farragutless but even I know Coach Courtney is a special man and a great leader of young men.

20 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Good points STILLNUM1.

The latest I have heard concerning Thompson was he was out for six weeks. His return will certainly be welcomed.

Now concerning our very young OL/DL it seems to me they are being asked to do what they are capable to do and no more. It is a very smart game plan. Our guys aren't be asked to pancake opponents who outweigh them by 45 lbs. Our team speed is covering up some minor missteps the lines maybe making. You know what they say, speed kills.

I won't pick a score this week but I BELIEVE in the character of the Wildcats. They have earned our respect and support.

RWR!

Your right our speed is what gives us an advantage every week.And upfront we are young but they are playing as good as u can expect.Thats why I think as yr goes on the whole offense can be really good.Ive seen flashes of what the offense can be but still not there yet.We gotta be able to get Graham some room.If u just give him a little he will take a lot.Defense also has some things to figure out but all the talent to do it.This game will only help us get ready for the playoffs.Go Wildcats

On 9/2/2018 at 10:32 PM, catswild said:

Maybe I’m missing something or maybe it’s an inside joke, but exactly what “streak” are you talking about? Farragut has one in a row

Another post said, "It's time Oak Ridge puts an end to their losing streak to Farragut." i was just commenting  towards that one. 

Edited by ALUM2011

On 9/5/2018 at 9:22 PM, SweetScience said:

Whoa, it's Wednesday and this thread was on the 2nd page and only 4 pages in length total. Surprised by the lack of excitement. Former44, where ya hiding? Tell us about the Blue Bloods!

Sorry SS. I have been so busy with work and my two youngest children that I haven’t had time to post, or even to read for that matter, on the board very often.

Farragut has a lot of new faces, especially on the defensive side of the ball. The Admirals have played several LB and DB combinations. I would like to see a little more of a rotation in the defensive front as well, particularly with this warm weather. #60 Johnson hasn’t gotten many reps at Nitro, but he has been quick off the ball and disruptive when he has played; I think he could be a key substitution with respect to getting penetration and impacting the quarterback. I think it would be interesting to see both he and TerHark on the field at the same time – in addition to some 3-technique or bear front 3-0-3 looks (probably not a good idea tonight though, LOL) depending on the opponent and down/distance.

The Admirals also have some new faces on the offensive line as well. They have played well so far, but tonight will be a different (and highly motivated) animal.

I think Farragut is much improved in the kicking game, which was a bit of a struggle last year.

Oak Ridge, without question, will be far and away the most talented team Farragut has played so far – certainly since the preseason scrimmages. The Wildcats have so many weapons, Farragut will have to tackle well in space. I also think Oak Ridge will be really fired up, much like Farragut was last year with Oak Ridge being the only loss in 2016. Coach Gaddis is one of the best motivators in the game, IMO. The Admirals will have to come ready to play tonight. I think this will be a close game that may very well come down to the team that wants it the most. Taking care of the football will be a premium – this game could easily hinge on a single turnover.

From my perspective, with a long run of region games approaching, I just hope both teams can get out of there without injuries. Last year, Oak Ridge was one of the last games Farragut was healthy – particularly with the onslaught of injuries on the defensive front that ensued. So, here's to a great game tonight with ZERO injuries on either side.

• Like 2

To Former44,

Your post is so well stated that you bring credit to yourself and FHS. Tonight is going to be special for all high school fans and not just in Oak Ridge. We also have Aluminum Foil vs Murville, High Flying Falcons from Fulton vs the Panthers on the Prowl in Powell and many other rivalry games.

Enjoy all. RWR!

Willie, I hate to hear Thompson is out for 6 weeks. From what you heard, are you understanding that is 6 weeks from now, or how far are we into that 6 weeks. 

Really liked what I saw in the passing game in the 2nd game. It wasn't quite at that level against CC. Does OR have the ability to pass more consistently like they did in the 2nd game, or was this past week more typical of what we will see week in week out? I felt like having 13 be so good in the air and on the ground made a good offense great against DB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Govolsknox said:

Willie, I hate to hear Thompson is out for 6 weeks. From what you heard, are you understanding that is 6 weeks from now, or how far are we into that 6 weeks. 

Really liked what I saw in the passing game in the 2nd game. It wasn't quite at that level against CC. Does OR have the ability to pass more consistently like they did in the 2nd game, or was this past week more typical of what we will see week in week out? I felt like having 13 be so good in the air and on the ground made a good offense great against DB.

Good post Govolsknox.

There is good news on the Thompson injury. The original six week prediction was from game one. However, Coach Gaddis said on his TV show Wednesday night that the OR team doctor said CT was ahead of schedule in his rehab so he might be back before game seven.

As for #13 it is no secret that his ability to run is better than his passing game. However, I have been impressed with his ability to find WRs while on the move. You will recall his TD pass to #1 in game two after being pressured.  I think #13 is capable of leading OR with passing and his running. Last week, the game plan was to run the football. Coach Gaddis said we marched down the field for a TD using the same running play almost every play. 

Good luck to CAK. 

RWR!

• Upvote 1