The Gutts @ The Ridge

SweetScience

Really exciting game right till the end, but OR just left too many points on the field. I felt really bad for #9 with 2 dropped TD's. Farragut has a really good team, but they at least finally played some quality competition and honestly were fortunate (along with good play) to get out of there with the win. My view was OR lost this game more than Farragut won it. Just too many mistakes and missed opportunities.

Not that it affected the outcome of the overall game, but did anyone notice that offensive holding was a spot foul every single time it was called except the first one on Farragut? Also couldn't help but notice on the long run around left end, OR's #1 getting literally pulled down by the arm right in front of the ref. The only explanation I could come up with on why he didn't call the hold was that instead of watching his assignment he was watching the RB down field. It was a really nice run.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

they’re the most obnoxious fans on the boards, that’s for sure. 

Just responding to bounder's obnoxious wine and cheese comment.  Arrogant mildcat fans, who think OR invented high school football, commenting on any other fans being obnoxious is the height of hypocrisy!

Edited by FHS_Admiral

1 hour ago, FHS_Admiral said:

I disagree completely.  Yes, OR made some mistakes that cost them points however so did Farragut.  Farragut turned the ball over deep in their on territory, plus OR got a gift TD on the 100 yd. tipped pass pick six return.  That lucky interception alone was a 14 point swing in OR's favor.  The bottom line is, Farragut won the game and was the better team period!   Just like we are also the better program these days.   Good game mildkitty fans!  We'll see 'ya next year at the shipyard!!!

Thank you...you just answered a question I’ve had for the 39 years. I’ve always wanted to know the exact definition of an “obnoxious fool”...now I know. Thanks again. 

6 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

Just responding to bounder's obnoxious wine and cheese comment.  Arrogant mildcat fans, who think OR invented high school football, commenting on any other fans being obnoxious is the height of hypocrisy!

When did any of us say another teams fanbase is obnoxious? I must have missed something. Just like all fanbases we have our good and bad. It's called humanity. 

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

When did any of us say another teams fanbase is obnoxious? I must have missed something. Just like all fanbases we have our good and bad. It's called humanity. 

Well obviously you didn't read the post I was responding to.  That poster, madhatter2269, said Farragut fans were the most obnoxious on the boards.

1 minute ago, FHS_Admiral said:

Well obviously you didn't read the post I was responding to.  That poster, madhatter2269, said Farragut fans were the most obnoxious on the boards.

You may wanna go back and re-read that. MadHatter is not an OR fan. I'm pretty sure he was agreeing with you. Either way, every fanbase has their idiots, and good people. We are no exception.

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

You may wanna go back and re-read that. MadHatter is not an OR fan. I'm pretty sure he was agreeing with you. Either way, every fanbase has their idiots, and good people. We are no exception.

Well, that could possibly be the case.  I'm not sure.  I took it the other way because most people on this thread are OR fans.  

Thought the game was pretty ugly all around. Key mistakes made by both teams. I think the key to Farragut's win was the pressure they put on OR QB in the second half. The kid is very elusive, but it broke down their offense and made it look like a backyard offense. I was surprised OR didn't look to put more pressure on the edge with their speed advantage. I thought the OR LB #44 I think got away with a lot of extra business after the play was over. That might hurt OR when they play on the road away from the Anderson Co officials. I was also surprised at the crowd. I can remember when Blankenship would have fans covering the slopes on both sides of the home stands. Anyway, always great to beat the Cats, especially at Blankenship. These new Admirals didn't have to live through the miserable 80's and 90's in this rivalry.