HV AT CENTRAL

dawgs82

6 minutes ago, rebelsrecruit said:

seems like there is a saying about opinions. This is an unfair conversation due to the fact that I am unbiased so I don't have any emotional ties to any team. But in my opinion OR is average and have only played below average teams to date. They are a playoff team but that is all they are. They appear to have a decent but untested defense but a 1 dimensional offense wont take you very far unless you are 1a,2a or maybe 3a. Again just my unbiased opinion.

Yep opinions.... everybody has one.  Agree to disagree.

22 minutes ago, rebelsrecruit said:

central has played 3 good games. HVA has lost to an average OR team and beat 2 teams that basically only score on accident.

Lost to Tennessee High who just lost to Daniel Boone (but Boone may be better than in the past).

Lost to Fulton who has been surprisingly underwhelming on offense but in fairness played two well coached, athletic teams.

Won over Sevier County who gave up 14 points to Heritage.

Everything I have heard since summer is that Central is a really great team... not certain these first 3 games prove or disprove that.  Also through 3 games I am not sure if HVA can only be beat by great or just good teams.  Sonny Moore has HVA ranked above CHS in SOS and PR - for what that is worth.

To say OR is average shows you are either biased or not clued into how legit the Wildcats are this year.  DB gave up 41 to OR... CC gave up 44... and HVA held them to 23 (and the last score was a gimme off a botched punt snap).  So say what you will... I think HVA and Central are closely matched with strong defenses and unpredictable offenses.

Man, didn't mean to start a war! I think both teams a better than their records. Should be a good game! I think the difference will be Central's offense has started to click. And if the RB is back, it's going to make the ground game very good. And if the ground game starts clicking, with Dakota the passing game will go. Rosser will have them rolling!

12 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Man, didn't mean to start a war! I think both teams a better than their records. Should be a good game! I think the difference will be Central's offense has started to click. And if the RB is back, it's going to make the ground game very good. And if the ground game starts clicking, with Dakota the passing game will go. Rosser will have them rolling!

No war... just debate.  I agree with your perspective and in preseason I had already marked this one as a really close game.  Truth is it will depend on the boys and who comes to play.  I have a lot of respect for what Coach Rosser has done at Central - expect them to compete for sure!  Hawks need this week to continue to improve and work through any remaining issues before district play starts next week. #eyesontheprize

39 minutes ago, RebelAtHeart said:

No war... just debate.  I agree with your perspective and in preseason I had already marked this one as a really close game.  Truth is it will depend on the boys and who comes to play.  I have a lot of respect for what Coach Rosser has done at Central - expect them to compete for sure!  Hawks need this week to continue to improve and work through any remaining issues before district play starts next week. #eyesontheprize

I think HVA has a good team.  They just weren't quite ready to play a real game when they played Oak Ridge in week 1.  The qb is very talented and can make some big throws and he's pretty mobile.  We know Central is well coached and very talented.  This should be a great game.  I definitely plan on watching the replay on DCM. 

On 9/4/2018 at 3:04 PM, RebelAtHeart said:

Lost to Tennessee High who just lost to Daniel Boone (but Boone may be better than in the past).

Lost to Fulton who has been surprisingly underwhelming on offense but in fairness played two well coached, athletic teams.

Won over Sevier County who gave up 14 points to Heritage.

Everything I have heard since summer is that Central is a really great team... not certain these first 3 games prove or disprove that.  Also through 3 games I am not sure if HVA can only be beat by great or just good teams.  Sonny Moore has HVA ranked above CHS in SOS and PR - for what that is worth.

To say OR is average shows you are either biased or not clued into how legit the Wildcats are this year.  DB gave up 41 to OR... CC gave up 44... and HVA held them to 23 (and the last score was a gimme off a botched punt snap).  So say what you will... I think HVA and Central are closely matched with strong defenses and unpredictable offenses.

:-D:lol::grin:

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, madhatter2269 said:

:-D:lol::grin:

Sorry for the delay getting back to you... had some traveling and work stuff to do.  Good one Mad!  Very well put! :thumb:

Bobcats should win their district easily... but hope you don't have to eat crow the rest of the year and join me and the Murvil crew.  Well... until you run into some tough competition in the playoffs that is...

HVA needs a fire lit under them and probably their playbook... got any matches?  5 turnovers this past Friday (mostly unforced) cannot be the standard for a team serious about post-season play.  Unfortunately it is starting to look like some of the kids are busting tail and some just don't give a rip... sad! Go Hawks!