South-Doyle vs Bearden

bisonpride1

6 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

Of these two teams, the one that is more overrated is Bearden. South Doyle, albeit young, is a real threat to go deep in 5A. I can't say the same at all about Bearden in their class. I like South Doyle by at least 10. 

I agree SD should dominate their district - other than the Central game - but what they do against a tough, well-coached Bearden team will tell if they have a shot to get past the likes of OR, Fulton, or Catholic in the playoffs. 

It's possible both teams are equally over-rated at this point - Sonny Moore has BHS at 13 and SD at 15 in the state across all divisions - but it seems pretty even to me.  At least Sonny's is a little more scientific than the USA Today poll that never seems realistic.  

Bulldogs could come out on top of 1-6A if their offense keeps building steam.  October is gonna be interesting for 1-6A!  The Ads are the only ones pulling away from the pack right now, but we shall see if it is smoke and mirrors or gridiron greatness when they leave the Ship Friday night.

53 minutes ago, ClarkGriswild said:

WORD COMING FROM OVER THE RIVER IS THAT SOME OF THOSE YOUNG BUCK ATHLETES ARE BANGED UP. CLARK MAY BE RESTING THEM FOR THE REGION SCHEDULE THAT CONTINUES NEXT WEEK VS MY BEARS. HOPE NOT. BUT MAY BE THE CASE.

Too big of a game for SD to prove themselves. Don't think many will be resting.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, knoxfan28 said:

Too big of a game for SD to prove themselves. Don't think many will be resting.

Just don't see Clark and Co. risking injury to best players to in a contest that is more about ego and public opinion that about the long term picture. But you may be right. Either way should be a good game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClarkGriswild said:

Just don't see Clark and Co. risking injury to best players to in a contest that is more about ego and public opinion that about the long term picture. But you may be right. Either way should be a good game.

agree. clark is a good man. hes not one to let his ego drive him.i'm going with the dawgz in this one since the keys wont be playing there good guys. i say dawgz 32-keys 12. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AllRegion said:

Of these two teams, the one that is more overrated is Bearden. South Doyle, albeit young, is a real threat to go deep in 5A. I can't say the same at all about Bearden in their class. I like South Doyle by at least 10. 

agree. your right if shinliver didnt choose to play up then bearden would be on there way to the state semis vs crocket. doesnt surprise me one bit thoug of the former reb.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AllRegion said:

Bite your tongue Region, for one you're not even comparing apples to apples. For two those athletes are hurting just like Griswild mentioned. For three even if they were 100% without comparing their 'overrated' level to Bearden's, SD is not as good as advertised. Jesse Smitty saying they have DI athletes on their team on PrepSports tonight had me rolling. Smitty needs to quit overhyping mediocre talent and maybe PrepXtra will give him a job snagging coffee again. If any of you all want to talk some ball I'll be at this game Friday in the North Endzone side by the Chick Fil A tent. 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, OneEyedKing said:

doyle doesnt have the coaches to hang in this one. I'll take the hampton bulldogs in this type of game.

Mr King - I diss agree. Coach Duncan has got-it-going. He hired Coach Rust Partin -2016 state Champion- I know he one that with Ed & Son at FHS - but he can coach.