Smyrna Bulldogs look to take a bite out of the Blaze

Blaze45

2 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Would love to see you at the game... heck I'll save a set for you 

I will probably end up going. Gotta make myself drive that little bit further to see what should be a better game than my other options.

I know some people are that gonna be upset at me for driving to Smyrna to watch this game after I told them that I couldn't drive to Lavergne to watch Lebanon :)

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

I will probably end up going. Gotta make myself drive that little bit further to see what should be a better game than my other options.

I know some people are that gonna be upset at me for driving to Smyrna to watch this game after I told them that I couldn't drive to Lavergne to watch Lebanon :)

We won't tell them....and they won't read this thread anyway...lol

55 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

LaVergne, can read?    LOL

Hard for me to be neutral this week being a Grad from Smyrna.  I got it as a toss up though.

Pulling for a good injury free game.

I’ve got to say something nice about Smyrna. My son has said after both games the last two years that the Smyrna team is one of the nicest and most respectful group of guys they play against.  From #21 down the line.  You guys must have a great group of coaches and parents. 

Good luck the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, BreadTruck44 said:

I’ve got to say something nice about Smyrna. My son has said after both games the last two years that the Smyrna team is one of the nicest and most respectful group of guys they play against.  From #21 down the line.  You guys must have a great group of coaches and parents. 

Good luck the rest of the season. 

BT44 you guys are loaded for bear. Well coached. Good to you guys the rest of the way also. 

• Like 1

Like to send out a reminder to all the Blackman Parents and Fans.  Please remember to bring disinfectant wipes, rubber gloves and industrial cleaning supplies with you tonight before entering “The Dump”.   Also,  check your tetanus shot status and update if necessary.  Cancel any immediate after game plans.  Trust me, a hot shower will be needed.  

One other note: not sure if there will be metal detectors located at the visitors gate or just the home side as in the past.

Enjoy the game and be safe. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

When is the last time Smyrna beat Blackman?   

Don't see this being as close as the thread may indicate.  CPA dusted the bulldogs, I would think the Blaze are as good or better than CPA.  

With all that said, this is a game worth taking a peek at however....

I believe the last time was 2010, but could be wrong. I will say this is one of the better teams that Smyrna has fielded from an offensive perspective in a good while. Tailback is one of the best in the Mid-State and the QB is really improved over last year. Solid line and they play hard every down. Smyrna also shot themselves in the foot a little in that game, and I don't look to see that happen two weeks in a row. Wit a sophomore QB under center for the Blaze a lot can happen. Fortunately he has been solid so far and hasn't been too rattled yet. Offensively we have enough weapons to spread the ball out and make it tough to stop. Defense side of the ball we have gotten stronger, but still give up too many  yards for my liking. That being said if perkins has a big night it might whoever has the ball last wins type of game.

8 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I believe the last time was 2010, but could be wrong. I will say this is one of the better teams that Smyrna has fielded from an offensive perspective in a good while. Tailback is one of the best in the Mid-State and the QB is really improved over last year. Solid line and they play hard every down. Smyrna also shot themselves in the foot a little in that game, and I don't look to see that happen two weeks in a row. Wit a sophomore QB under center for the Blaze a lot can happen. Fortunately he has been solid so far and hasn't been too rattled yet. Offensively we have enough weapons to spread the ball out and make it tough to stop. Defense side of the ball we have gotten stronger, but still give up too many  yards for my liking. That being said if perkins has a big night it might whoever has the ball last wins type of game.

Well Blaze your squad was dominant. Every skill player is threat to score. What’s is equally impressive is your sophomore quarterback. He is going to be pretty special. 

We didn’t play well at all. We don’t have any toes left from shooting ourselves in the feet all night long. And that’s not to take away from the fact that Blackman is a better team. Again that was a dominant effort. Good luck the rest of the way and I hope you guys make it through your season injury free.