Time to move Alcoa to 6A

coachrus

8 minutes ago, bigchief said:

The same reason you guys came in with a 449 enrollment to avoid the big boys in D2, Pot meet kettle.

i’m not part of the school in any way, but if you are implying a school is misrepresenting it’s enrollment, I think that is wrong and the school should be sanctioned. I don’t care if it’s a school I root for or not. 

2 minutes ago, bigchief said:

PC has about 650 last I heard.

CPA came in at 449 .  The cut off for all sports except football is 451.

On a similar note, Knox Webb also came in miraculously at 449

I’ve got no knowledge of either Webb or CPA. I’m just a fan of high schoool football. If you have knowledge of wrong doing on either school, you should turn them in. 

26 minutes ago, coachrus said:

I’d be OK with a program moving up a classification after winning a championship. Alcoa would be 6A by now under those rules. If you can beat the best, why not compete with the best all year? Why waste your time and talent with 3A teams that you can beat 60-0 (and that is by halftime). Seems boring to me as a fan of the game. 

What would it mean to you if TSSAA "moved" Alcoa up, and your team won a championship in their rightful classification? To me that would be a hollow victory, and your notion of "fair play" equates to the "everyone gets a participation trophy" mentality that has turned a generation of young people into entitled brats. Gordonsville won a championship in 1A a few years back with 22 seniors on the team, and returned only one or two starters (had a hard time competing with lower echelon teams the following year)...should they have been moved up too, and if not, what is the difference? I'm just not on board with bringing down the best to everyone else's level instead of endeavoring to elevate myself to their level in order to compete.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

What would it mean to you if TSSAA "moved" Alcoa up, and your team won a championship in their rightful classification? To me that would be a hollow victory, and your notion of "fair play" equates to the "everyone gets a participation trophy" mentality that has turned a generation of young people into entitled brats. Gordonsville won a championship in 1A a few years back with 22 seniors on the team, and returned only one or two starters (had a hard time competing with lower echelon teams the following year)...should they have been moved up too, and if not, what is the difference? I'm just not on board with bringing down the best to everyone else's level instead of endeavoring to elevate myself to their level in order to compete.

Well said!

• CoachT locked this topic