Time to move Alcoa to 6A

coachrus

3 hours ago, Booger said:

and interstinly enuff...them 2 along with that Lipsomb school all, all who had votin T$$AA board members also voted for that number to b bumped up to 530 durin there annual Redneck Riviera meetin down at the Happy Hour and Wet Flannel Shirt Contest a few years back

Booger just sayin logo.png

SURELY that was just a coincidence Boog.:popcorneater: LOL

1 hour ago, bigchief said:

SURELY that was just a coincidence Boog.:popcorneater: LOL

Open enrollment in a large populated county is the problem.   If you need a player just go across town and find what you need.  Alcoa should at least be in 4 a.  It wouldn't matter what level they would still be the favorite, they are that good.  Three a is a joke for them

4 hours ago, Horn3 said:

Open enrollment in a large populated county is the problem.   If you need a player just go across town and find what you need.  Alcoa should at least be in 4 a.  It wouldn't matter what level they would still be the favorite, they are that good.  Three a is a joke for them

Again. Same problem...if you don't like the rule, that's your prerogative ( I see the point), but don't single out Alcoa because they're successful. Many teams across the state in all classifications with the same advantage DON'T stand head and shoulders above their competition. Take the rule up with TSSAA if you think it's unfair, but trashing Alcoa isn't fair to them just because they win.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Horn3 said:

Then why not move down to 2A.  

Because Alcoa is a 3A school until they decide to bump enrollment. Alcoa was thinking of moving to 4A before the season started last year. Then, all the 4A schools in Knox county decided to move to 5A. It would have almost been impossible to field a 10 game schedule without having to travel long distances and would have probably been playing in a 4 team region. So, Alcoa elected to stay in 3A, where they belong, and schedule 4 out of region games rather than 6... :thumb:

• Like 2

Alcoa may find it harder to fill a 10 game schedule after this year. I'm sure D-B, and the teams from Kentucky don't want a rematch. The GCA game was scheduled as a joke so McCamey could get the last laugh on them for letting him go. I seen this happen before to Oak Ridge a little over thirty years ago. If Alcoa was ranked the best team in the state after the season is over not very many coaches are going to  want to take them on unless their just stupid. You see that Heritage and WB are willing to walk away and their county rivals. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Alcoa may find it harder to fill a 10 game schedule after this year. I'm sure D-B, and the teams from Kentucky don't want a rematch. The GCA game was scheduled as a joke so McCamey could get the last laugh on them for letting him go. I seen this happen before to Oak Ridge a little over thirty years ago. If Alcoa was ranked the best team in the state after the season is over not very many coaches are going to be want to take them on unless their just stupid. You see that Heritage and WB are willing to walk away and their county rivals. 

I’ve heard Greeneville is gonna be on the schedule. Would really like to get them back. I think CRB keeps Alcoa on their schedule. He’s not afraid. I don’t see them having a problem finding one game. Although, will probably have to travel. Love road trips. Unless, maybe the Tornadoes can play Murvul twice...:thumb:

• CoachT locked this topic