Time to move Alcoa to 6A

coachrus

6 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Didn't they have like an Audio Visual class that no one else offered and so kids zoned for other schools could attend Fulton if they wanted that class?

The co-op thing still makes me laugh.  "Let's let a 600 student school and a 900 student school combine for one team and let them stay in 3A, maybe we can win a state title that way." - Hilarous

Absolutely! Gotta love those legal loopholes. No one cares unless your team is winning. If your team is losing- “move on folks. Nothing to see here!”  

Edited by Throwdeslant
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

Ahh, the ole "Board of Directors" argument is a popular.  "It's not the schools fault they are open enrollment, it's the Board of Directors fault".  This is the biggest load I hear.  How many of those Directors are alums of Maryville and Alcoa.  How much female dogging will Rankin do to the Directors if they even considered closing the zones.

Why would you suggest they "close the zone", as you put it?

16 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

Ahh, the ole "Board of Directors" argument is a popular.  "It's not the schools fault they are open enrollment, it's the Board of Directors fault".  This is the biggest load I hear.  How many of those Directors are alums of Maryville and Alcoa.  How much female dogging will Rankin do to the Directors if they even considered closing the zones.

Greenfield HS and Gleason HS in West TN are open zone. Wonder why they are not winning championships. So is 3A Martin Westview and 5A Dyer Co. I could list dozens of others in all classes. For everyone that wins with open zone there are multiple others that don’t. Open zone is not the reason for the success. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

More like time to go to 4, 5 classifications @ the most. Enough of this participation State Championships. NINE (9) State Champions? How can there be 9 state champions in THSF. Watered down championships. It has gotten ridiculous how few teams you have competing in divisions. Maybe they oughta start having 5 Super Bowls each year so more teams can say they are Super Bowl Champions

4 hours ago, wolfchase said:

More like time to go to 4, 5 classifications @ the most. Enough of this participation State Championships. NINE (9) State Champions? How can there be 9 state champions in THSF. Watered down championships. It has gotten ridiculous how few teams you have competing in divisions. Maybe they oughta start having 5 Super Bowls each year so more teams can say they are Super Bowl Champions

And people would still cry about Alcoa...:thumb:

• Upvote 1

WR/QB and plays safety on defense. I don’t understand how this is legal his family still lives in Halls and it’s the middle of the season, The kid told his coaches Friday he was enrolling in Alcoa he practiced all week with Halls and then just enrolled at Alcoa Friday! There’s no way this is legal 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic