Springfield vs White House

DutchMantel

10 hours ago, DANR said:

Probably gonna catch crap for this, but I actually don't think WH is a bad team.  They just weren't ready for the buzzsaw that hit them in the first quarter.

I think they will be fine and probably still finish 2-3 in the region.

Back to Earth after gloating over last night's beat down of BDP.  I believe you are right.  There is no way BDP is as bad as they played last night.  BDP's penalties and 6 turnovers put them in a severe disadvantage to the Jackets. After comparing games, scores and dialogue on here, this is the way I predict the year will play out for the Region

1. SHS Jackets

2. Portland/Central (toss up)

4. BDP/Creekwood/Greenbrier (BDP should be our #4) (Dog fight between these 3)

7. Heritage (still getting use to playing in the bigger Class)

just my thoughts and I am sure the BDP fans will discount them.  But we all have thoughts and opinions 

12 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

2nd in the region is a toss up? Didn’t Central beat Portland 30-0? Interesting analysis 

Those are my thoughts give us  yours.  I have the upmost respect for Central.  Central is where I did my student teaching many moons ago.  It is also where one of the very best to play at SHS was an ASST Coach under Coach Horsey.  I look forward to our game with you

15 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

2nd in the region is a toss up? Didn’t Central beat Portland 30-0? Interesting analysis 

Well it all depends on wins and losses scenarios as region play pans out. Yes I see your point with Central beating Portland 30-0, but it’s still a long way to go in region play. I too have Central has my lone #2 in the region

Yes the game was 30-0. The Portland bus got lost and showed up to the game 5 mins before it was suppose to start. Kids were on the bus for 2 hours 45 mins then had 25 mins to get dressed and start the game. In the first half of this game Portland drove the ball into MC red zone 4 times and got 0 points. They had 152 yards of offense 5 turn overs and no points in the first half.Mc had 2 first downs in whole first half and scored 16. Mc got the Offense clicking in second half and score 2 tds late in the 4th. 

Im not trying to blame the loss on bus being late or anything MC is a good football team. Personally I believe if they played 10 times it would be a split 5/5. So I agree with poster that it’s a toss up. Watched the stream last night of White House and I don’t think they can be that bad. We will see in a couple of weeks how we stack up against them. Springfield as I said earlier in the year is the class of this region. 

3 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

Back to Earth after gloating over last night's beat down of BDP.  I believe you are right.  There is no way BDP is as bad as they played last night.  BDP's penalties and 6 turnovers put them in a severe disadvantage to the Jackets. After comparing games, scores and dialogue on here, this is the way I predict the year will play out for the Region

1. SHS Jackets

2. Portland/Central (toss up)

4. BDP/Creekwood/Greenbrier (BDP should be our #4) (Dog fight between these 3)

7. Heritage (still getting use to playing in the bigger Class)

just my thoughts and I am sure the BDP fans will discount them.  But we all have thoughts and opinions 

I think we just got hit in the mouth and laid down.  Turnovers obviously killed us too, but it didn’t even seem like the kids wanted to be there.  Our offensive coordinator (and basically the head coach) wasn’t at the game last night because of a family situation, and I think that hurt a lot. We’re definitely better than what we showed last night in my opinion.  But there’s no need to dwell on what happened last night, just gotta move forward and get ready for the next game.  

41 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

I think we just got hit in the mouth and laid down.  Turnovers obviously killed us too, but it didn’t even seem like the kids wanted to be there.  Our offensive coordinator (and basically the head coach) wasn’t at the game last night because of a family situation, and I think that hurt a lot. We’re definitely better than what we showed last night in my opinion.  But there’s no need to dwell on what happened last night, just gotta move forward and get ready for the next game.  

It's just one game albeit a big game it is still one game.BDP should make it to the playoffs and then you can make some noise in the "second season"

38 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

FWIW, the cheap shot on Dayron Johnson by number 28 Dickerson from White House should have warranted an ejection. I watched the YouTube video of the game and once the pick was made on the play 28 made a mad dash for Dayron, who wasn’t even trying to make a play on the defender that made the interception. 

That kid has Springfield roots too, trying to prove his alliegence?