Marshall County hosts Maplewood

Lead

On 9/16/2018 at 8:31 PM, FIREBIRD80 said:

Sounds like it! Honestly speaking Ive never heard of a team who has the game won already, and then just start fighting for no reason. I'm just saying!

No I’m not a coach, I’m an alumni whose very involved in Tiger football about as close to it as you can be. And no I don’t have a kid on the team. For some reason, since last years playoff game it’s become this thing with us. I commend Panthers staff though this year they tore up our locker room last year, so he kept them out of it this year and allowed them only to go to bathroom as needed. I truly think they got by with it and now since our coach didn’t press charges I’m afraid it will continue. But I know last year they were frustrated about losing, but this year they had us beat so I hoped the brawl wasn’t coming but it did. But we both got fined and it’s over now. I just want to play ball and our fans not be afraid to come watch when we play again. Seriously that’s my wish!

5 minutes ago, Lovemytigers3 said:

No I’m not a coach, I’m an alumni whose very involved in Tiger football about as close to it as you can be. And no I don’t have a kid on the team. For some reason, since last years playoff game it’s become this thing with us. I commend Panthers staff though this year they tore up our locker room last year, so he kept them out of it this year and allowed them only to go to bathroom as needed. I truly think they got by with it and now since our coach didn’t press charges I’m afraid it will continue. But I know last year they were frustrated about losing, but this year they had us beat so I hoped the brawl wasn’t coming but it did. But we both got fined and it’s over now. I just want to play ball and our fans not be afraid to come watch when we play again. Seriously that’s my wish!

If both got fined, then it wasn't what you lead on it to be.

he attempted to take a knee. Marshall County decides to submarine and fight through the hole and hit him anyway. His running away was in his own defense. Get it straight Quit lying  the whole problem was caused by Marshall County. Just accept that you lost! Maplewood totally dominated the game after the first quarter. Why would they have any further score to settle?

So did he take a knee or attempt to take a knee?  That is the problem I have with your comment bleacher.  If he attempted but did not take a knee he is then fair game to tackle, if he did indeed take a knee (not attempt) then it most definitely should have been a penalty on the Tigers.  But to say they submarined to get the ball, I hate to break it too you, its all legal and part of the game.  They were playing until the final seconds run off the clock.   

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

So did he take a knee or attempt to take a knee?  That is the problem I have with your comment bleacher.  If he attempted but did not take a knee he is then fair game to tackle, if he did indeed take a knee (not attempt) then it most definitely should have been a penalty on the Tigers.  But to say they submarined to get the ball, I hate to break it too you, its all legal and part of the game.  They were playing until the final seconds run off the clock.   

His knee did not touch the ground- it looked from the bleachers like he did. But after watching film he went Hal way down. I’ve seen this before at several schools we’ve played. It’s a legal play to tackle him. I know we can all disagree but Bleachers calling me a liar, I’m not going to lie when there’s film to prove it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

I get your point about playing to last second, but if you're losing 28-14 it's no need for it. Now people would complain if Maplewood would have threw a bomb for touchdown instead. But if game was out reach you don't even attempt to tackle the QB, who you know is taking a knee.

28 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I get your point about playing to last second, but if you're losing 28-14 it's no need for it. Now people would complain if Maplewood would have threw a bomb for touchdown instead. But if game was out reach you don't even attempt to tackle the QB, who you know is taking a knee.

If the QB would have taking a knee. Ballgame see you next time we play you. Other than the last play it was a pretty clean game. Take a knee.