Has a 3A team ever beaten a defending 6A state champ before last night?

32hammer

1 minute ago, Red Rebels said:

I've not seen them play. I know people are going to compare scores of the Greeneville @ D-B game with the D-B @ Alcoa games. 

I thought of that too. If Alcoa gets a lead, they will pull their starters which could skew the score comparisons.

Greeneville is basically the same team as last yr and the scores were 2017- GV 35 DB21 and 2018 GV 43-DB 3. Big drop

OR seems to be a little better this yr over last. 2017 -DB 28 OR 25 and 2018 DB 12 OR 41. Big Drop

SH is down this year. SH won over Eliz in 2017 50-25 and lost to them this yr. SH beat owls 62-35 last yr and only won by 1 point this yr.  2017  SH 35 DB 14 and 2018- SH 21 DB 24. Another big difference.

DB lost a lot from last yr but still have tons of athletes and they'll probably have taylor back for the 1st time this year.

Gonna be interesting

On 9/8/2018 at 9:43 AM, FIREBIRD80 said:

I can't recall that ever happening before lastnight. But I know alot of 6A teams won't even play 3A school, because of that same reason scared of losing to 3A school. So that's way I respect 6A teams that do play 3A schools.

When Lebanon scheduled Trousdale County I looked back to see how 1A-2A programs done against 6A schools.

And I found that it has happened 12 times (I haven't looked elsewhere in the state this year for a 6A vs 1A/2A matchup so could be a few more). And the 6A schools won 7 times and the 1A/2A schools won 5 times. When you look at the games they are really close unless it is just a straight up mismatch like Oakland vs Republic. And each time (still remains to be seen this year with TC vs Lebanon) the team that won ended the season with a better record.

4 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

When Lebanon scheduled Trousdale County I looked back to see how 1A-2A programs done against 6A schools.

And I found that it has happened 12 times (I haven't looked elsewhere in the state this year for a 6A vs 1A/2A matchup so could be a few more). And the 6A schools won 7 times and the 1A/2A schools won 5 times. When you look at the games they are really close unless it is just a straight up mismatch like Oakland vs Republic. And each time (still remains to be seen this year with TC vs Lebanon) the team that won ended the season with a better record.

Lebanon is a far cry from maryville!