Oak Ridge travels to defensive minded Knoxville West

WillieTheWildcats

7 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Huge win.If u told me we would give them 14 pts off 2 blocked punts I would've thought for sure we would lose.Defense was great only giving up around 160 total yds.And without by far our best Dlineman and another great player on D.That 4th qtr offense looked so fast and what I loved the most was how physical we looked.It was like a diff team the last 8 min.Never heard the other teams fans chanting I believe we just won and then lose.Thats how bad it was looking for the Cats.Amazing job by everybody that last 8 min and by JG the whole game.JG put the team on his back and never quit.Good to see them follow his lead.RWR

I agree...you don't have two punts blocked against a good team like West and come away with a win. I also heard we were without our best defensive lineman. I must admit that when we were down 14-0 I doubted our ability to come back against that defense and win. Then when we went down 21-14 in the 4th quarter, I pretty much resigned myself to accepting a loss. But in the last half of the 4th quarter our offense came alive in such a way against a great defense, that I've not seen in years! I'll bet we had 200 yards rushing in the 4th quarter alone! I also heard the West students chant that they had won, and I actually agreed with them. But I'm sure glad our players and coaches didn't agree!  WOW.....what a comeback!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hey Cats imagine sitting at a class reunion (that isn't yours) and getting quarterly outdate's. I'd get a report at the end of each quarter, then turn around and report to my brother-in-law (Mike Sheehan) in California. Too much DRAMA!!!  And then hearing what Fulton was doing to poor Ole Karns!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Those chants at the beginning of the 4th quarter,  "I believe.....we have won this game.  I believe.....we have won this game" - our boys didn't like that very much.  Turned out to be very motivational...for us.  lol  Seriously, they looked like 2 different teams in the first and second half.  They really turned it around.

• Like 1

I saw this matchup and couldn't believe my eyes. How in the world is that Francis young man being recruited by Arkansas. Francis could have tackled Jordan Graham in the backfield multiple times but Graham left everybody in the dust. If that is what Arkansas is looking for, a guy that looks like he's trying to tackle his own shadow then good luck. SEC defenders don't look like that.