District 6A

pantherrules

I don't know if he is referring to talent not on the actual team or what, but after seeing them last night....it didn't look like to me they had much talent to speak of.  I'm not trying to take anything away from the girls efforts...they play hard.   They just aren't very good seemed to me like. 

2 hours ago, tigermanforlife said:

I would think Laken Leonard needs to be mentioned by far best player Coach Brown has had. So if Jackson has talent why only averaging 19 pts per game or  is it Coaching.

I would agree with that Laken Leonard definitely needs to be mentioned but you’re wrong on the part about being the “best player by far” statement. Andrea Davidson was the best girls high school basketball player to ever walk the halls of Jackson County. Laken is a close 2nd and I loved watching both of them play. Just my opinion. As for the current situation in Jackson County well the opinion varies as to who you talk to. I don’t believe Coach Brown has all of a sudden forgotten how to coach. He’s still one of the best in all of Tennessee regardless of classification or sport.  I’m not going to speculate on why they aren’t even competitive because it’s becoming a very heated subject in Gainesboro.  IMO we need to get back to what got us to the top of the mountain in girls basketball.

On 12/4/2018 at 10:42 AM, tigermanforlife said:

I would think Laken Leonard needs to be mentioned by far best player Coach Brown has had. So if Jackson has talent why only averaging 19 pts per game or  is it Coaching.

Yes she was one of the best recruits he has coached.  But she was not a product of JC.  Just sayin....  

On 12/7/2018 at 3:58 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Yes she was one of the best recruits he has coached.  But she was not a product of JC.  Just sayin....  

What is Cookeville’s record against Jackson County over the past 20 years?  4-36? 6-34?  It’s something close to this. I’m just wondering how a school the size of the one you proclaim to be a part of (2000+) gets beat 90% of the time by a lowly Class A school?  Why do your coaches always have a schedule loaded with A and AA schools year in and year out?  Has Cookeville ever made it to the region finals or out of the substate?  Just curious 

Edited by UCSportsFan

On 12/10/2018 at 12:29 PM, UCSportsFan said:

What is Cookeville’s record against Jackson County over the past 20 years?  4-36? 6-34?  It’s something close to this. I’m just wondering how a school the size of the one you proclaim to be a part of (2000+) gets beat 90% of the time by a lowly Class A school?  Why do your coaches always have a schedule loaded with A and AA schools year in and year out?  Has Cookeville ever made it to the region finals or out of the substate?  Just curious 

Did I say anything about Cookeville having a great past?  Nope.   Nor did I proclaim to be part of anything.  But what I DID say was 100% accurate.  You can ask anyone from RBS and they will tell you the same thing.    I was at most of the JC state  championship games and I think that have had an amazing run since Brown took over.  And I really enjoyed watching Laken play.   But I call a spade a spade when I see it.  It happened and it worked out great for both parties. 

But to answer your questions.   JC has definitely handed it to Cookeville the last decade or more.  Not sure what the record is but I am sure it was heavily in JC favor.   And I am not sure why our coaching staff made such schedules but most likely because we weren't very good.  I also agree 100% with the number of students that we have that we should have had much better teams throughout the years.    Like I said I call a spade a spade.  I don't know how many regional finals they have made but I do know that their region has always been loaded with teams like Shelbyville, Bradley Central, Blackman, Riverdale, etc.  And lastly they did make the state tournament in 1999 and 2009 but they have yet to win a game.   Thats all I have to say about that. 

21 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Did I say anything about Cookeville having a great past?  Nope.   Nor did I proclaim to be part of anything.  But what I DID say was 100% accurate.  You can ask anyone from RBS and they will tell you the same thing.    I was at most of the JC state  championship games and I think that have had an amazing run since Brown took over.  And I really enjoyed watching Laken play.   But I call a spade a spade when I see it.  It happened and it worked out great for both parties. 

But to answer your questions.   JC has definitely handed it to Cookeville the last decade or more.  Not sure what the record is but I am sure it was heavily in JC favor.   And I am not sure why our coaching staff made such schedules but most likely because we weren't very good.  I also agree 100% with the number of students that we have that we should have had much better teams throughout the years.    Like I said I call a spade a spade.  I don't know how many regional finals they have made but I do know that their region has always been loaded with teams like Shelbyville, Bradley Central, Blackman, Riverdale, etc.  And lastly they did make the state tournament in 1999 and 2009 but they have yet to win a game.   Thats all I have to say about that. 

Well said!  You’re spot on with everything you stated. Its not often that I read a post and realize I’m dealing with an intelligent person who’s well versed in women’s basketball in the uplercumberland area. 

+1

Edited by UCSportsFan

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dexter10 said:

No talk about clay beating clarkrange on here

Clarkrange didn't play well and lost to a very good Clay County team by 5 at Clay County. Clay wanted it more and was the better team that night. It wasn't a big blow out game. It was two good teams playing a game trying to get better, so I guess that's why the forums aren't over-run with posts about it. Clay lost to a very good Pickett team and Pickett lost to a very good Clarkrange team. May be a different story when these 3 teams all meet again. May not.