District 6A

pantherrules

HUGE next couple of weeks for District 6A!! How does everyone see the district playing out? Preseason picks were: 

1. Clarkrange

2. Clay

3. Pickett

4. RBS

5. Trousdale

Is that how everyone sees it playing out down the stretch? As of right now, there is a 3 way tie for first between those top 3. Pickett has to go to Clay, Clay has to go to Clarkrange, and Clarkrange has to go to Pickett. I think Clarkrange wins at home over Clay, Pickett/Clarkrange at Pickett is a toss up imo, and Pickett wins at home over Clay. 

Good luck to everyone as we head down the home stretch toward tourney time!

22 hours ago, Play 4 Fun said:

HUGE next couple of weeks for District 6A!! How does everyone see the district playing out? Preseason picks were: 

1. Clarkrange

2. Clay

3. Pickett

4. RBS

5. Trousdale

Is that how everyone sees it playing out down the stretch? As of right now, there is a 3 way tie for first between those top 3. Pickett has to go to Clay, Clay has to go to Clarkrange, and Clarkrange has to go to Pickett. I think Clarkrange wins at home over Clay, Pickett/Clarkrange at Pickett is a toss up imo, and Pickett wins at home over Clay. 

After watching top 3 teams in district several times this season the only conclusion I can come up with is our district is down from last several years.  I do not think we have state tournament winner in our district.  Before everyone goes into a rage, I will be pulling hard for the 2 teams that advance from region tournament. I just think after you get by first 2 scorers on each team there seems to be a big drop off.  Hope I am wrong.

On 1/16/2019 at 8:35 PM, Play 4 Fun said:

1. Clarkrange

2. Clay

3. Pickett

4. RBS

5. Trousdale

Pickett travels to Clay. I see Clay winning this matchup on their home floor. I see Clarkrange winning on their home floor against Clay and a toss up when Clarkrange travels to Pickett. District tournament runner up is a lock for the state tournament.  So why would you want to win the district tournament?  

1 hour ago, repoman said:

I say Clay somehow wins at Clarkrange and that will be the deciding factor for the regular season.

Macon County couldn't win at Clarkrange,  Cumberland County couldn't win at Clarkrange.  Picket county couldn't win at Clarkrange (even if you added 5 touchdowns).   But you really think Clay can win there?   I have seen them both play a few times this year.  I wouldn't pick anyone in the district  to win AT Clarkrange.  They just have too big of an advantage there.  I could see them getting upset on an away game.

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Macon County couldn't win at Clarkrange,  Cumberland County couldn't win at Clarkrange.  Picket county couldn't win at Clarkrange (even if you added 5 touchdowns).   But you really think Clay can win there?   I have seen them both play a few times this year.  I wouldn't pick anyone in the district  to win AT Clarkrange.  They just have too big of an advantage there.  I could see them getting upset on an away game.

I know to never bet against Cr at home but, Clay seems to give them match up problems , that is my reasoning. 

2 hours ago, repoman said:

I know to never bet against Cr at home but, Clay seems to give them match up problems , that is my reasoning. 

I agree with you in that Clay matches up better against Clarkrange than anyone in our district but Lamar rarely looses a home game let alone a home district game but if anyone in the district can do it Clay can. 

16 hours ago, repoman said:

I can see that.  They don’t really have anyone to guard Strong or Arms.  But that place is so hard to get a win at.  Feels like you have the fans breathing down your neck.  They catch all the breaks and then they light the nets up.  On top of that Lamar always has a bag of tricks up his sleeve.  I always pull for Clay County.  I just don’t know about winning there.  Like their chances better at district tournament.  

Edited by LadyCavsFan