Heritage travels to McMinn County

BarneySox2007

It’s a team that definitely can’t afford injuries. This 6 game stretch is brutal. It’s hard to watch at times but I respect their fight. 4 is like a Timex. He takes a licking and keeps on ticking behind that young, young line. 34 is a big, hard straight ahead runner that is back from injury that could help take some pressure off. 21 and 38 never come off the field but they play wide open until the final whistle. I’m not sure what the future holds but theres some young men that are getting baptized by fire. I’d hire any of these 40 +\- young men in the future over the quitters walking the halls.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mountaineer said:

It’s a team that definitely can’t afford injuries. This 6 game stretch is brutal. It’s hard to watch at times but I respect their fight. 4 is like a Timex. He takes a licking and keeps on ticking behind that young, young line. 34 is a big, hard straight ahead runner that is back from injury that could help take some pressure off. 21 and 38 never come off the field but they play wide open until the final whistle. I’m not sure what the future holds but theres some young men that are getting baptized by fire. I’d hire any of these 40 +\- young men in the future over the quitters walking the halls.

Well said mountaineer. I'm praying that all the teams on the schedule left have some dignity not to play their starters all the way through a game and run up useless numbers. Being a Maryville fan 1st I would be very upset if we did that. Better things are down the road for Heritage and most of this team will be apart of it.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well said mountaineer. I'm praying that all the teams on the schedule left have some dignity not to play their starters all the way through a game and run up useless numbers. Being a Maryville fan 1st I would be very upset if we did that. Better things are down the road for Heritage and most of this team will be apart of it.

* a part

23hp27n.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, mountaineer said:

Well said... football doesn't build character but instead reveals it!  I hate to see a team that struggles to find a W, but I couldn't agree more with you that this group of young men are worth their weight in gold for sticking through this tough season with hopes and pride for community looking to build something in the future.  Plus its just a dang fun game to play - even if you don't come out on top.

Heritage has had a rough stretch. I like Mcminn County in this one. My niece's daughter goes to Heritage she seem to think part of their struggles this year stem from losing some assistants from last year. Mainly Coach Hendricks. I think he would have been able to do a good job with the OL they have. I remember when Coach Hammondtree got the job there, I really thought he was going to be able to turn it around. Some tasks are just too daunting though. Hammondtree was the one who wrote the formula at Maryville originally. After Hunt goes to Maryville College after their head coach gets fired, Hammondtree should go back home to the Rebels. Do you agree @rebelwoman87? I'll hang up and listen.

17 minutes ago, matchesmalone2 said:

Heritage has had a rough stretch. I like Mcminn County in this one. My niece's daughter goes to Heritage she seem to think part of their struggles this year stem from losing some assistants from last year. Mainly Coach Hendricks. I think he would have been able to do a good job with the OL they have. I remember when Coach Hammondtree got the job there, I really thought he was going to be able to turn it around. Some tasks are just too daunting though. Hammondtree was the one who wrote the formula at Maryville originally. After Hunt goes to Maryville College after their head coach gets fired, Hammondtree should go back home to the Rebels. Do you agree @rebelwoman87? I'll hang up and listen.

Don’t know why you dragged me in to this but Hambone won’t be coming back to Maryville.