Davidson Academy @ Waverly

Tigers6056

My thoughts on this game is scary, lol. Definitely very interested in seeing how our boys will match up, but I keep hearing about the monsters this team has. I was told they have a D end that's 6'4" 270lbs. And runs a 4:4 forty, that's on his way to some major D-1 school. That's insane, as much as I love the challenge, with the blocking we've had, or the lack thereof, I just don't want Gavin or any of our running backs hurt. I hope they get this line fired up this week! Heard through the grapevine we got our star running back back, which could help with blocking, but not sure if he's going to be allowed to play this week. 

5 hours ago, Super8Dad said:

My thoughts on this game is scary, lol. Definitely very interested in seeing how our boys will match up, but I keep hearing about the monsters this team has. I was told they have a D end that's 6'4" 270lbs. And runs a 4:4 forty, that's on his way to some major D-1 school. That's insane, as much as I love the challenge, with the blocking we've had, or the lack thereof, I just don't want Gavin or any of our running backs hurt. I hope they get this line fired up this week! Heard through the grapevine we got our star running back back, which could help with blocking, but not sure if he's going to be allowed to play this week. 

When we played Trezvant two yrs ago they had some men on the team like that...lol... I dont want anybody hurt but I think it would be good for the boys to play them. 

18 minutes ago, Dunc4265 said:

Their QB Stone Norton is a (FIU) Florida International University commit. Has passed for 1041 yards 11tds / 1int

RB Hewitt has 637 yards rushing. 

As a team they seem balanced on offense: 276.5 passing per game & 235 rushing per game. 

That's about all I know about them. 

Dang they sound pretty good!! Thanks for the info. 

18 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Dang they sound pretty good!! Thanks for the info. 

Looking back at scores only.

DA averages 48.25 ppg and allow 11/75 ppg

Waverly averages 42.33 ppg and allows 40 ppg. 

Appears it will be another match-up where the team that plays the best defense Friday night will win the shootout. 

Definitely a game I'm interested in watching stats and replays of.  

3 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yea i was looking at what they allow per game seems they are pretty stiff on defense. I hope we can put on a good showing. 

My cousins kiddo goes to school at DA not a football player but I will say this,you are fixing to play a very similar team to PHS,The QB there is very good he's a big in too,RB is big physical and fast nice change of pace back that's small and quick,fast on D AMD solid tackling squad!!!I think the aren't as fast on D as PHS but very close,they got some physical  beasts on the O and D line!!! I actually might drive to Waverly and watch this one folks!!!! I think this is the best game around this week IMO.I think Waverly pulls this one out but I see this being a 1 to 3 point game!!!!