5AAA Predictions

Dadof23

How good is Bradley Central this year?   I saw them play a couple games at a play day right before the season and I didn’t think they looked as dominant as in the past several years.  They looked good don’t get me wrong and it as just preseason.  Just curious how they are looking now that district play is in full swing.    What do the rest of the district fans think?

why are people acting surprised that bradley is overperforming? They dont have Howard but they have a very great bench squad. Cambree mayo, Alexis Barnes, and even  Williams are three great bench players not to forget that Amelia Reiter can also play great off the bench. They will only be losing 3 girls this year. Hannah Lombard is probably they're best defensive and free throw shooter so theyll need to replace  part of the lineup but Jason has plenty of girls that can do it. Going 3 and 1 out in Phoenix against nationally ranked teams is pretty good. They have a well balanced team unlike last couple years. It's tougher on opponents to focus on 10 great players instead of just one (howard). I wouldn't be surprised that they make another return to Murfreesboro. East Hamilton fouls  too and Madison hayes has a attitude problem. Maybe she was just frustrated that Anna walker and Alexis outplayed her. But bradley now has a  57 game home winning streak having last lost at home in sectional round against Stewart's creek in 2016. They do get off to slow starts but seem to figure it out st halftime so come playoff time th e will need to rely on their tough as nails defense

Bradley, east Hamilton, McMinn, cleveland, ooltewah, walker valley, and soddy will be the final order come tournament time. East ham cleveland and McMinn are all pretty close haci n beat each other so far so it's a crab shoot for who plays Bradley in district title game. I'm going to guess it'll be McMinn unless hennessee doesn't play then it'll be east Hamilton. But regardless all 4 coulf advance to region semis if one of them can beat stone memorial. Stone memorial beat bradley when Bradley was having an off night and playing a day after a tough win vs mcminn. Only once have they not scored 50 which is usually all that is needed in girls ball. I still think they should use a shot clock

Not sure where the “Bradley over-performing” comment came from. I think they are performing about what most expected. East Hamilton seems to be under-performing and it should be a few years before Cleveland can realistically expect to challenge them (anything can happen on a given night).

Bradley does have good depth, but losing a player the caliber of Rhyne Howard (a top 15 senior in America last year & strong candidate for SEC Freshman of the Year this year) would hurt any team in America. There is no way they are as good without her. They could always get hot at the right time & win a game or two in Murfreesboro (and they could get cold at the wrong time & be bounced in the semi’s of the Region Tourney).

Cleveland has several  pretty good players (& depth). I think they will finish second in the 5AAA tourney, as well as the season. I do think East Ham or McMinn will be able to challenge them in District tourney. Hard to beat a good team 3 times in one season...