5AAA Predictions

Dadof23

11 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

I rhink the mcminn game Friday wore them out and they were tired. They'll beat stone memorial in the region tournament, probably.Play McMinn in either the district or region title game. McMinn is the Cinderella in that district and region. Bradley needs to focus on their 3 point shooting and their perimeter defense. 

They may be playing Cookeville or White County in the region. White County has beaten Stone and Cookeville is capable of beating Stone. All 3 teams at the top of 6AAA are virtually equal.

Edited by 85warrior

11 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

The big question is “will Reuter win coach of the year” this year? Kind of ridiculous that the other coaches are so petty as to not vote for him... they haven’t lost a District game since the game at Cleveland Middle a few years ago... 

I think you answered this question in the post you made right before this one when you said, "I think they (Bradley) is performing about what most expected. When a coach does what they should have done, then why crown them coach of the year? If anyone is deserving this year it's Tony Williams. His Cleveland team beat East Hamilton twice in convincing fashion, and beat McMinn too with a depleted Lady Raider team.
As far as the Bradley team not losing a district game in a couple of years, name one team the past few years in the district (other than Bradley) that was good. 

12 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Bradley, east Hamilton, McMinn, cleveland, ooltewah, walker valley, and soddy will be the final order come tournament time. East ham cleveland and McMinn are all pretty close haci n beat each other so far so it's a crab shoot for who plays Bradley in district title game. I'm going to guess it'll be McMinn unless hennessee doesn't play then it'll be east Hamilton. But regardless all 4 coulf advance to region semis if one of them can beat stone memorial. Stone memorial beat bradley when Bradley was having an off night and playing a day after a tough win vs mcminn. Only once have they not scored 50 which is usually all that is needed in girls ball. I still think they should use a shot clock

I think the final order will be 1) Bradley, 2) Cleveland, 3 and 4) McMinn or East Hamilton. McMinn hosts East Hamilton and Cleveland the first week of February, which should determine 3rd and 4th.  Do you seriously think that all 4 of those teams will advance to region semis??? It wouldn't surprise me to see Bradley and three district 6 teams in the region semis.
Every team has off nights, so just accept that Bradley lost to Stone by double digits. 

7 hours ago, hohmaster said:

I think you answered this question in the post you made right before this one when you said, "I think they (Bradley) is performing about what most expected. When a coach does what they should have done, then why crown them coach of the year? If anyone is deserving this year it's Tony Williams. His Cleveland team beat East Hamilton twice in convincing fashion, and beat McMinn too with a depleted Lady Raider team.
As far as the Bradley team not losing a district game in a couple of years, name one team the past few years in the district (other than Bradley) that was good. 

My question about COY was sort of in jest just to get some discussion going on here. I probably would vote for Cleveland’s coach too this year, as they have over-performed (according to pre-season picks). 

I think Bradley’s track record in Region (& Sectional) games demonstrates that they have been really good. It isn’t Reuter’s fault that the other district teams have not been good enough to beat them. 

Would be interesting to see the 2 teams that came in 1st & 2nd in Region Tourney the last 8-10 years, but I’m too lazy to look it up. 

1 hour ago, FootballFan51 said:

My question about COY was sort of in jest just to get some discussion going on here. I probably would vote for Cleveland’s coach too this year, as they have over-performed (according to pre-season picks). 

I think Bradley’s track record in Region (& Sectional) games demonstrates that they have been really good. It isn’t Reuter’s fault that the other district teams have not been good enough to beat them. 

Would be interesting to see the 2 teams that came in 1st & 2nd in Region Tourney the last 8-10 years, but I’m too lazy to look it up. 

Bradley would compete for 1st in district no matter what district they are in. They have been more loaded wi t weapons this season then the years they made title runs. 2 of their 4 seniors don't even play much time so th st just shows how  good they are. I don't think they will have anymore "off nights". And even if they do they have the defense to win games. 

Just now, Bearettesalltheway said:

Bradley would compete for 1st in district no matter what district they are in. They have been more loaded wi t weapons this season then the years they made title runs. 2 of their 4 seniors don't even play much time so th st just shows how  good they are. I don't think they will have anymore "off nights". And even if they do they have the defense to win games. 

The teams that were runner up the last 8-10 years was east Hamilton who had to go to Riverdale in sectional, the few years before that was Cumberland county 

11 hours ago, hohmaster said:

I don't think there is any question that Tony Williams should be Coach Of The Year.  His team will finish second in regular season, and was picked 3rd in most polls.  Plus they battled back after the hotel consensual sex ordeal in Oak Ridge!  There are a few games left, but it should not matter as far as COY!