6A is skewed toward the West

Red Rebels

8 minutes ago, ClarkGriswild said:

I think it's important to consider where the denser populated portions of the State are. Middle and West are more densely populated; therefore, have larger schools. imo.

West Tennessee is not densely populated. Outside of Madison and Shelby counties there are no cities above 50,000. East Tennessee is more densely populated that West Tennessee.

Edited by midtnmale
spelling error

7 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

West Tennessee is not densely populated. Outside of Madison and Shelby counties there is no cities above 50,000. East Tennessee is more densely populated that West Tennessee.

That is simply not true. Memphis is geographically located in Southern West Tennessee. It is the most densely populate city in this state. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, ClarkGriswild said:

I think it's important to consider where the denser populated portions of the State are. Middle and West are more densely populated; therefore, have larger schools. imo.

This is wrong Clark. 

East Tennessee (33 Counties) -  2,403,342

Middle Tennessee (41 Counties) - 2,686,393

West Tennessee (21 Counties) - 1,561,459 (Shelby has the highest population 934,603)

2 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

The problem is, where is the East West dividing line? Do you seed 1-32 and then cut it in half geographically? I hated the Z-Plan because of the wildcards, and we are complaining about polls in another thread. And seeding invites bias.  I didn't have all the kinks worked out when I posted this. There isn't an easy answer. I am in favor of constriction to 5 classes.

Red ... this is something that the TSSAA has wrestled with since there has been a TSSAA. If you divide the state equally per the geoghraphy of the state, then you have what we have now. There is a complaint that the system is skewed to the west. Actually, it is skewed to the Middle of the state. The west has Memphis and it's nine schools. Then the East has it's number. The majority of the schools are in the middle of the state. There is a middle West and a middle East.

I agree ... there is no easy answer to this.

• Like 1

Just now, ClarkGriswild said:

That is simply not true. Memphis is geographically located in Southern West Tennessee. It is the most densely populate city in this state. Thank you.

densley means that their are to many people in a area that their aint enough room so with that overal defenition there is no reason to have that many schools in thearea. i hope the t$$AA fixeds this but youall know how they get when it comes to money and amount of boys to play.

6 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

This is wrong Clark. 

East Tennessee (33 Counties) -  2,403,342

Middle Tennessee (41 Counties) - 2,686,393

West Tennessee (21 Counties) - 1,561,459 (Shelby has the highest population 934,603)

Thank you Red.

As i previously stated... cumulatively middle and west tennessee are more densely populated than east tennessee.

6 minutes ago, ClarkGriswild said:

I am not disagreeing with that point. But they are more people living in East Tennessee, and more areas with greater concentration of people than West Tennessee.  There is a lot of wide open areas with only small towns in West Tennessee. Cities and towns are closer together, and larger, in East Tennessee.

If you were just saying that Memphis is the most densely populated part of the state I might have agreed with you. But you said West Tennessee, which includes just about every county west of the Tennessee River.

Edited by midtnmale
Clarification.

5 minutes ago, OneEyedKing said:

densley means that their are to many people in a area that their aint enough room so with that overal defenition there is no reason to have that many schools in thearea. i hope the t$$AA fixeds this but youall know how they get when it comes to money and amount of boys to play.

One eye knows because she is the one eyed king you crazy #### girl. T$$AA is nothing but a bunch of crooks that work for the illuminati

5 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

I am not disagreeing with that point. But they are more people living in East Tennessee, and more areas with greater concentration of people than West Tennessee.  There is a lot of wide open areas with only small towns in West Tennessee. Cities and towns are closer together, and larger, in East Tennessee.

Im afraid you are missing my point. the population of west tennessee and middle tennessee is biggger than that of east tennessee. for example, if you count everyone who in west and middle and then subtract the number of people living in east tn. you will be in the black. a surplus. a bakers dozen.