GCA at Greenback

orngnblk

44 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Helmet gate 2.0!

I talked to the referenced “former” Greenback player last night in West Virginia. He said he was trying to provide a spark for his team and actually threw his own helmet 32 yards downfield. I know, I’m as shocked as anyone that he revealed that secret to me. Crazy kids, always trying to sneak one by you. It’s GREENBACK WEEK! Let’s enjoy this one, probably won’t happen again. 

If Greenback comes out Thursday like they did tonight Grace will beat us like Webb beat Grace! Our offensive line played terrible the first half and then they came to life the second half. We can not keep playing like that. I dont understand how our coaching staff lets these kids keep running their mouths to the refs and to the other teams. There has to be something done about the  holding and unsportsman like conduct.!!!!!!!!! We have linemen that are holding every play and the are better than that. I just dont understand how or why our coaches cant do something about it,

4 hours ago, gfd709 said:

If Greenback comes out Thursday like they did tonight Grace will beat us like Webb beat Grace! Our offensive line played terrible the first half and then they came to life the second half. We can not keep playing like that. I dont understand how our coaching staff lets these kids keep running their mouths to the refs and to the other teams. There has to be something done about the  holding and unsportsman like conduct.!!!!!!!!! We have linemen that are holding every play and the are better than that. I just dont understand how or why our coaches cant do something about it,

+1

I was feeling a lot better about this game before we played OZ. But now I’m kinda worried. Defense will need to have a fast transition from focusing on 100% run to focusing on basically 100% pass. This game will be determined, as most of them are, from the line of scrimmage. If our front 4 can get some pressure and actually secure the tackle, we’ll be okay. But if we give Kirby time to sit and sling it, we’ll be lucky to get home with 60 points being hung on us. First game back at Cooper field in 4 weeks, I think we’ll be ready to play. That is, with our pads and not our mouths.