Peabody vs Dresden

Goldenpride

Really going to be a long week (or year for that matter). Not a ton positive I can say about the half of Dresden football I tried to watch.  Jones is a great player but he is only RB we have left. He was pretty accurate QB in middle school so if he can get some receiver help we might get a first down or two. Scoring is a I doubt it.

7 hours ago, Tide21 said:

The middle school has to be part of high school or something like that right ? 

Has to be in the same building... I'm with 364, all of them or none of them.

I understand the nature of the rule regarding "recruiting" kids by allowing them to play. I don't understand why each high school can't name one middle school as the primary feeder school though. Here in Scotts Hill they used to be in the same building, and could play...built a new high school, and the elementary/middle remained in the old building, resulting in them not being allowed.

40 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Has to be in the same building... I'm with 364, all of them or none of them.

I understand the nature of the rule regarding "recruiting" kids by allowing them to play. I don't understand why each high school can't name one middle school as the primary feeder school though. Here in Scotts Hill they used to be in the same building, and could play...built a new high school, and the elementary/middle remained in the old building, resulting in them not being allowed.

I didn’t really know the details of the rule. Yeah they could come up with a better way of doing it than that. 

6 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Really going to be a long week (or year for that matter). Not a ton positive I can say about the half of Dresden football I tried to watch.  Jones is a great player but he is only RB we have left. He was pretty accurate QB in middle school so if he can get some receiver help we might get a first down or two. Scoring is a I doubt it.

So Jones is the new qb ?  What grade is he in ? 

9 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I understand. Is the crawford boy going to be able to come back at any point ? 

I haven't heard. I'm assuming with a fractured collarbone he'll be out for awhile. At this point, just hoping he's healthy for basketball. He's an unbelievable basketball player & we'll definitely need him since we'll be without Yates on the court as well. They're both 3 sport athletes & we lose a lot without either of them.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:09 PM, ysoangry said:

So who will be running the ball ?   They could go in to power offense like union city and use the fastest lineman as a full back.

I gotta admit it was tough to see last weeks game where Greenfield spanked us good. And Dresden has had the same experience of a sweet victory where we finally beat a team that we hadn't for what seemed like forever, and now it was Greenfield's turn, like West Carroll the week before. Maybe this will spur those programs to keep creating competitive teams, which the better all our fellow-region 7 teams are, the better everyone becomes. Right? And top teams need to learn how to win with grace & humility, and take it's setbacks the same way, along with learning from it all as well. But what's causing real angst (<<there's a good word for semantical study) it's not just losing on the scoreboard that's painful, but more players were hurt last week, too. One thing for sure, 1A Region 7 is wide open now. And Dresden will definitely be facing impossible odds this Friday at Peabody, but hey, anything can happen in football, right? Ha. It's always good to have PMA, even when falling off a cliff, right? (wow. Look how far I can see! So this is what a bird feels like, eh? I wonder if....). Another problem is we are not as deep as we've been in other years, so no doubt quite a few freshman & sophomores will be playing & getting experience, which could bode well in the future, maybe even creating some surprises Friday night. It is true that everything happens for a reason, and sometimes it takes many years to catch a glimpse of what that may be (and even may have to wait until the other side of reality where all things will be made clear), but in sports, real players & champion-hearted people will fearlessly & enthusiastically go out against extreme odds and give it their all, competing at 110%, and the results will be what they will. Keep playing hard Lions, never give up, give out, or give in, just keep giving it your all, all the time! Good luck to both teams, and it would be good to see one game where nobody was hurt from either side! GOOOO LIONS!

Edited by HevyReturns
Misspelled words