Peabody vs Dresden

Goldenpride

58 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

I gotta admit it was tough to see last weeks game where Greenfield spanked us good. And Dresden has had the same experience of a sweet victory where we finally beat a team that we hadn't for what seemed like forever, and now it was Greenfield's turn, like West Carroll the week before. Maybe this will spur those programs to keep creating competitive teams, which the better all our fellow-region 7 teams are, the better everyone becomes. Right? And top teams need to learn how to win with grace & humility, and take it's setbacks the same way, along with learning from it all as well. But what's causing real angst (<<there's a good word for semantical study) it's not just losing on the scoreboard that's painful, but more players were hurt last week, too. One thing for sure, 1A Region 7 is wide open now. And Dresden will definitely be facing impossible odds this Friday at Peabody, but hey, anything can happen in football, right? Ha. It's always good to have PMA, even when falling off a cliff, right? (wow. Look how far I can see! So this is what a bird feels like, eh? I wonder if....). Another problem is we are not as deep as we've been in other years, so no doubt quite a few freshman & sophomores will be playing & getting experience, which could bode well in the future, maybe even creating some surprises Friday night. It is true that everything happens for a reason, and sometimes it takes many years to catch a glimpse of what that may be (and even may have to wait until the other side of reality where all things will be made clear), but in sports, real players & champion-hearted people will fearlessly & enthusiastically go out against extreme odds and give it their all, competing at 110%, and the results will be what they will. Keep playing hard Lions, never give up, give out, or give in, just keep giving it your all, all the time! Good luck to both teams, and it would be good to see one game where nobody was hurt from either side! GOOOO LIONS!

Great post my friend! I know the future is still bright for Dresden,I just think it may very well be a couple year's out! Come Friday night you will see a very different Golden Tide than you've become acustom to. We have scary balance offensively and defensively,that being said the Lions are proud and will not be scared or lay down because PHS Is "supposed" to win! There are no givens, none,no matter who you are!!! I do believe this will be a running clock but I am for sure homerish for my G.T. !I hope do hope to see a bigley Dresden crowd friday,and I hope to see you Hevy R.!!ROLL GOLDEN TIDE FLOOD THA LIONS!

Losing Yates is a big blow to Dresden as well as their starting QB, but even with them healthy I don't think that they could compete with Trenton this year....too much balance.  Kind of reminds me of Dresden's state team 2 years ago.  Not saying this team is going to win it all, but they have good athletes and depth across the board,  it's not just one star player

Edited by Archiewho

1 hour ago, Archiewho said:

Losing Yates is a big blow to Dresden as well as their starting QB, but even with them healthy I don't think that they could compete with Trenton this year....too much balance.  Kind of reminds me of Dresden's state team 2 years ago.  Not saying this team is going to win it all, but they have good athletes and depth across the board,  it's not just one star player

Agreed, even 100% healthy I would still expect Trenton to win by 2-3 TD's. Now I only hope Trenton's coach gives the younger kids playing time (like the whole 2nd half). 

3 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Agreed, even 100% healthy I would still expect Trenton to win by 2-3 TD's. Now I only hope Trenton's coach gives the younger kids playing time (like the whole 2nd half). 

Man honestly I'd be surprised if Dresden could get within 4 TDs fully healthy.  This isn't me picking at Dresden either. Peabody is a freight train and idk if they'll new stopped short of gold.

Sure glad they're out of 7-1A

By this time tomorrow evening will we see how good (or not so good) both teams did, and my main hope is we get to play a game without any injuries. In tomorrow's game, where the Tide is supposed to win, our Lions could really go out there & actually play relaxed & have fun. In previous endeavors, games, sports, even academics I have had I've found that going up against a better team (or smarter person) is a great way to improve. It will show any weak areas that needs to be worked upon & any positive areas which could be emphasized & expanded upon. It's having the mindset of, 'We don't lose... we either win or learn lessons'. And, ha, we'll probably have many, many lessons to learn until the players we do have out there (our leftover non-injured ones) jell together more & get comfortable in their positions. It may be too early to talk about, buy I hope these problems & injuries don't keep us out of the playoffs, but if we do take it one play at a time, one game at a time, and truly play 110% without worrying about the score but trying to concentrate on steadily improving, then we should be alright considering everything. And who knows, maybe our Lions will pull out some surprises of our own down the road. Times like these don't call for jumping ship, but circling the wagons, pulling together, and staying positive & enthusiastic during each game. I firmly believe in that saying of the sage Zig Ziglar, It's not aptitude, but attitude that determines one's altitude. I say, to Lion fans, coaching staff, & players: stay upbeat & positive, play hard each snap, learn lessons along the way, & have fun.  GOOOOO LIONS! And good luck to the Tide, everyone knows y'all need an extra dose of that this game, right? :-D

3 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

By this time tomorrow evening will we see how good (or not so good) both teams did, and my main hope is we get to play a game without any injuries. In tomorrow's game, where the Tide is supposed to win, our Lions could really go out there & actually play relaxed & have fun. In previous endeavors, games, sports, even academics I have had I've found that going up against a better team (or smarter person) is a great way to improve. It will show any weak areas that needs to be worked upon & any positive areas which could be emphasized & expanded upon. It's having the mindset of, 'We don't lose... we either win or learn lessons'. And, ha, we'll probably have many, many lessons to learn until the players we do have out there (our leftover non-injured ones) jell together more & get comfortable in their positions. It may be too early to talk about, buy I hope these problems & injuries don't keep us out of the playoffs, but if we do take it one play at a time, one game at a time, and truly play 110% without worrying about the score but trying to concentrate on steadily improving, then we should be alright considering everything. And who knows, maybe our Lions will pull out some surprises of our own down the road. Times like these don't call for jumping ship, but circling the wagons, pulling together, and staying positive & enthusiastic during each game. I firmly believe in that saying of the sage Zig Ziglar, It's not aptitude, but attitude that determines one's altitude. I say, to Lion fans, coaching staff, & players: stay upbeat & positive, play hard each snap, learn lessons along the way, & have fun.  GOOOOO LIONS! And good luck to the Tide, everyone knows y'all need an extra dose of that this game, right? :-D

You comin tmrw night?

I plan on & hope to come to game tonight. But.. the very bottom (not just heel) of my foot has developed some rather annoying & painful bone spurs. Dude!.. But perhaps some extra padding in shoes & crutches may help. And then if my wife doesn't need me to stick around to help her- haha, we make a pair, with our grunts, "ouchies", "oh my's", & "Lordy mercies" our busted up & battered bodies create. Old age is definitely not for sissies! Only tough warriors carry-on through it all! Hooyay! (I don't cuss anymore, but from this pain we have, if a foul-mouthed sailor wrote down all sorts of bad words & handed me a pen, I'd probably sign my name to it!!! LOL)

And methinks it may be raining & wet tomorrow night, which has helped extreme underdogs miraculously win in weird, crazy ways. Hey, I know. I know. Ha. I'm stretching & grasping for any kind of hope, positivity, & maybe-we-can-win scenarios! And the thing is, it ain't fairy tales mythology, but it does happen ever so rarely in bad weather. Whether it happens for our Lions we don't know yet, and that's why we play on that field. Anything is possible, not probable... just possible. :-D So if able to, I should be there, Lord willing. And I GUARANTEE the Black & Gold team is gonna win! Betcha! :-D

Well, while I can't get on board with the rain will help Dresden scenario I can see where you are drawing at straws trying to find something positive.  Don't blame ya, been there before.  But let's just call it what it is.  when you lose to Greenfield by 28 your ceiling for salvaging the season is pretty low.  Injuries, no injuries, team controversy.....doesn't matter 

Edited by Archiewho