WATERTOWN AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

31 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Does anyone have Watertown stats? Yards per game? Total offense

From unapproved website

Watertown:

1260 total rushing yards in 5 games. 252 rushing yards a game with 22 rushing TDs. Team average of 10.7 yards per carry.

578 total passing yards in 5 games. 115.6 passing yards a game with 5 passing TDs

Team total of 367.6 yards per game. 

It appears their running backs are average double digits on yards per carry. Their top running back is averaging 11.3 yards per carry. Their 2nd, 3rd and 4th running back are average 12.9, 14.3 & 19.8 yards per carry.

Edited by Dunc4265

Watertown averaging 46 a game and not giving up much but only one test so far with TC. Could be looking past Chapel Hill and could be costly if turnovers and penalties kill drives. This is only way I see the bottle rockets keeping it close. If Watertown plays average game and rockets play average then I see running clock towards end of 3rd. Good luck to both. Rockets need a good showing even if it’s a loss to make push for playoffs. If they continue to slide, they may not get to play extra game this year. 

On 9/18/2018 at 9:22 PM, GeneralAmerigha said:

if this one is close late look for purple butts to tighten. 

if it's 21-0 in the first then purples name their score.  

I think you’re mostly right there. If WT is up by a few score early it’s over before halftime. But H2O has won big late as well.. TC, and Forrest last year are prime examples. These kids don’t get rattled easy. Their butts will be just fine. 

Edited by PurpleReign
Typo

On 9/19/2018 at 10:05 AM, GeneralAmerigha said:

The homecoming thing is a timing issue. Has nothing to do with quality of opponent.

We have heard that Watertown was soooooo physical for 3 straight years.  Combined total scores those years is  Forrest 77 Watertown 56

Anyone who actually knows the team knows that’s not the case. My biggest complaint and the complaint of many over the past 3+ years has been our lack of physicality. We’ve had a couple of kids who brought it, but as an overall team concept, it just wasn’t there. It was obvious when we played Forrest in 2016 which team spent more time in the weight room, and it wasn’t H2O. This team is different. I’m not saying they will run over Forrest, I never would. I have too much respect for their team. I know those kids work their tails off. Forrest isn’t fancy, they never have been to my recollection. They do very simple things, they just do them extremely well. Forrest’s winning drive against Watertown in 2016 was a thing of beauty and a nightmare all at the same time. But it showed H2O who was stronger, which team had worked harder, and what it takes to be thought of as Chamionship contenders. Steel sharpening steel. We took some steps forward last year, and I think we’ve taken even greater steps forward this year. But time will tell. 

I think it’s going to be a great game. All our games with Forrest have been, I don’t expect this one to be any different. But like you said earlier if H2O gets a  substantial lead early, it will be over pretty quick. If the game is still in doubt by the middle of the 3rd, it’s anybody’s game. 

43 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Watertown averaging 46 a game and not giving up much but only one test so far with TC. Could be looking past Chapel Hill and could be costly if turnovers and penalties kill drives. This is only way I see the bottle rockets keeping it close. If Watertown plays average game and rockets play average then I see running clock towards end of 3rd. Good luck to both. Rockets need a good showing even if it’s a loss to make push for playoffs. If they continue to slide, they may not get to play extra game this year. 

One thing I can assure you of.... Watertown is not looking past Forrest. Way too much respect for the boys in Chapel Hill. This game has had a big red circle around it for months. My fear was they might be looking past other games to this one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Watertown did not "win big late" last year.  The final was 8-7

You win big late... by winning.... late! You don’t win big late by the size of the score. It was a huge win and I’m sure an equally huge loss for the other side. If you won big late by a huge score, that wouldn’t be winning late, that would be winning early. We’ve done quite a bit of that this year, so I know what it looks like.