York @ Oneida

Guest Fall101

2 minutes ago, PBrown said:

Totally with you a solid 3 TD better team. I think they will see how lucky they was when they watch the film. We just had too many turnovers and thankfully Oneida couldn’t capitalize on them.

I mean our play callin was great :roflol: York had our Offense figured out by the 3rd series 

Edited by Fall101

Just now, Spike16 said:

I mean our play callin was great :roflol: York had our Offense figured out by then3rd series 

No doubt y’all were pounding the ground   And never doubt that y’all wasn’t going to score just saying solid 3 TDs better team. Plus 3A teams are supposed beat 1 & 2A teams like you said, but wait if that’s the case Harriman is just a straight up better team then Oneida :mrgreen:

3 hours ago, Spike16 said:

No way York is 3-4 TDS better. I was lookin to be impressed by the way everyone was talkin. I wasn’t impressed at all. Yeah York beat us but not impressed with them at all. Go ahead and go 10-0 then look forward to the runnin clock at Alcoa. 

Nothing York could have done could make you give them credit. Had they won by 4 touchdowns it sounds like you would still knock them. Sportsmanship means a lot. We underestimated Oneida definitely and I would say Oneida could beat Coalfiend.

9 hours ago, crow said:

I'm trying to be good here but y'all and spike are making it hard lol. 

All this game talk aside the only thing those A’s mean is how many students go to that school and majority of the time how many players they may have. We’ve lost to 1 & 2A teams before too. I just hate when people pull that A card. I mean Just look at Greenback & Alcoa they play them all 1-6 and beat the breaks off higher A teams and if you do loose it’s nothing to be mad about I mean they don’t schedule each other for no reason. Plus sometimes it’s hard to find a team to play thats not halfway across the state so that’s why we might have Coalfield, Warburg, And Oneida in our schedule. Trust me Coach Wright wouldn’t want you on his schedule if y’all wasn’t gonna come out and play ball. With all that aside I hope y’all beat Meigs Co because I think you’ll beat Rockwood, Bledsoe, Coalfield as long as y’all don’t have a bad injury and wish you all the best and have a great & safe rest of the season!!!

3 minutes ago, PBrown said:

All this game talk aside the only thing those A’s mean is how many students go to that school and majority of the time how many players they may have. We’ve lost to 1 & 2A teams before too. I just hate when people pull that A card. I mean Just look at Greenback & Alcoa they play them all 1-6 and beat the breaks off higher A teams and if you do loose it’s nothing to be mad about I mean they don’t schedule each other for no reason. Plus sometimes it’s hard to find a team to play thats not halfway across the state so that’s why we might have Coalfield, Warburg, And Oneida in our schedule. Trust me Coach Wright wouldn’t want you on his schedule if y’all wasn’t gonna come out and play ball. With all that aside I hope y’all beat Meigs Co because I think you’ll beat Rockwood, Bledsoe, Coalfield as long as y’all don’t have a bad injury and wish you all the best and have a great & safe rest of the season!!!

Great post,crow understands all that!

Edited by orngnblk

I'll say this about Alcoa meeting York.....Alcoa is on another level. Great game last night. I was hoping we could pull it out. We had opportunities to score on Yorks turnovers and just didn't capitalize. When your playing teams like that you have to take advantage of those turnovers and we just didn't last night.

Best of luck to York the rest of the season!

15 hours ago, Spike16 said:

No way York is 3-4 TDS better. I was lookin to be impressed by the way everyone was talkin. I wasn’t impressed at all. Yeah York beat us but not impressed with them at all. Go ahead and go 10-0 then look forward to the runnin clock at Alcoa. 

I had seen York play earlier in the year and they looked better than last night.  I wasn't impressed with either team last night.  They both look like one and done in the playoffs.

Ok, a lot of strange things posted here in the last little while. 

First

PBrown, I’m not sure why you quoted me for that particular post but I agree with what you said. I don’t think I’ve brought classification up on this forum but I agree with what you said. I certainly don’t try to make any excuses using it in regards to the loss to YAI. In fact this one was pretty close to my prediction from the first page or two of this post. I thought we had a chance and we were either leading or were within a score until middle of the 4th so we were in it. I don’t like losing to anyone but it’s not nearly as tough to take when it’s a good solid team that beats you. Again, for the 3rd time, congratulations to YAI on a good win. 

Second, I don’t know where all the Alcoa talk is coming from? I haven’t saw anyone from YAI mention thinking they’re tornado killers or anything. 

Lastly all the talk about us not getting your best game, maybe not, the same could be said for our play as well. I will agree with the post that said we would see how lucky we were when we watch the film. I disagree with the posters meaning though. I think as poorly as we executed at times we were quite lucky to have not given up more than we did. You claim we didn’t see your best, I don’t feel you saw our best. Fact is each team had 48 minutes to line up and give the best they have. That’s what both did, gave the best they had that night and we got the results we saw at the final buzzer. The defining characteristic between a good and a great team often times is the ability to perform consistently at a high level every week. I think both teams fell short of their best at times last night, just like both did perform well at other times. That’s the nature of the thing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crow said:

First

PBrown, I’m not sure why you quoted me for that particular post but I agree with what you said. I don’t think I’ve brought classification up on this forum but I agree with what you said. I certainly don’t try to make any excuses using it in regards to the loss to YAI. In fact this one was pretty close to my prediction from the first page or two of this post. I thought we had a chance and we were either leading or were within a score until middle of the 4th so we were in it. I don’t like losing to anyone but it’s not nearly as tough to take when it’s a good solid team that beats you. Again, for the 3rd time, congratulations to YAI on a good win. 

Second, I don’t know where all the Alcoa talk is coming from? I haven’t saw anyone from YAI mention thinking they’re tornado killers or anything. 

Lastly all the talk about us not getting your best game, maybe not, the same could be said for our play as well. I will agree with the post that said we would see how lucky we were when we watch the film. I disagree with the posters meaning though. I think as poorly as we executed at times we were quite lucky to have not given up more than we did. You claim we didn’t see your best, I don’t feel you saw our best. Fact is each team had 48 minutes to line up and give the best they have. That’s what both did, gave the best they had that night and we got the results we saw at the final buzzer. The defining characteristic between a good and a great team often times is the ability to perform consistently at a high level every week. I think both teams fell short of their best at times last night, just like both did perform well at other times. That’s the nature of the thing. 

agree, see my post above :smile:

16 minutes ago, crow said:

First

No competiton in Tenn for the Alcoa tornadoes in the 3A classification,especially a mediocre York team.