Oakland invite Blackman over for a lumber party

Blaze45

Oakland has had its way with most everyone they faced this season except Maryville. Blackman has played well against good competition and shown they can't be taken too lightly. This game will have plenty of folks "laying the wood "on either side of the ball.  While Oakland has been so talented and well coached, they come into this game with several starters hurt or out, Blackman on the other hand is healthy with just  a few bruises and scratches.  That being said what  are your thoughts on how this game shakes out? Will the injuries on Oakland side give Blackman any help? Is it enough to matter? I personally think the Blaze are playing better ball every week and should make a game of it. Especially if all the offensive weapons are working. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Oakland has had its way with most everyone they faced this season except Maryville. Blackman has played well against good competition and shown they can't be taken too lightly. This game will have plenty of folks "laying the wood "on either side of the ball.  While Oakland has been so talented and well coached, they come into this game with several starters hurt or out, Blackman on the other hand is healthy with just  a few bruises and scratches.  That being said what  are your thoughts on how this game shakes out? Will the injuries on Oakland side give Blackman any help? Is it enough to matter? I personally think the Blaze are playing better ball every week and should make a game of it. Especially if all the offensive weapons are working. 

Who all are the patriots missing? 

5 hours ago, AllRegion said:

I wish Blackman would come out and shock the state, but I don't see that happening Friday night. It won't be as bad as the Riverdale game for sure, but I still think Oakland wins by at least 14

It will be a good measuring stick for Blackman.

I would say that they are at least 3-4 touchdowns better than Riverdale.

But I also think that a Oakland 14-point win sounds about right.

On 9/16/2018 at 10:23 AM, Blaze45 said:

I am not sure who all is hurt, but the coach mentioned on a coaches show that they had several hurt and were running 2 and 3 deep i n some positions. 

So I went back and watched the game and what I saw was Justin Jefferson go out, Joseph Anderson go back out ,  Mookie Wilson, Xavier Meyers, Tim Panell were out and banged up. Possibly questionable for this game. And the kicker is playing with an injured hip... may not change the outcome. But I think the Blaze will give them all they want . 

On 9/17/2018 at 2:04 PM, Blaze45 said:

So I went back and watched the game and what I saw was Justin Jefferson go out, Joseph Anderson go back out ,  Mookie Wilson, Xavier Meyers, Tim Panell were out and banged up. Possibly questionable for this game. And the kicker is playing with an injured hip... may not change the outcome. But I think the Blaze will give them all they want . 

So i was updated on injury list and Wilson is questionable and Meyers will likely play. However I did forget that aside from Justin Jefferson being out, Aaron Moore is also out. In Kreager's picks, he mentioned that Oakland was battle tested while Blackman was not. I might be off, but who Other than Maryville has Oakland been tested with? Independence (flip the coin) ranked 27th in the state and not very consistent. Republic (enough said) and Riverdale who is young and struggling to put together a team  all three have losing records . On the other hand Blackman has faced Hendersonville 4-1 ranked 10th Smyrna  former top 10 still top 20 Florence Alabama #17 in 7A Alabama  and Coffee county(no benefit) Siegel  I think they may be sleeping on Blackman a little. No doubt we will have to have a great game and execute well, but I think little to no credibility is being given to the offensive options and the fact that the defense limited one of the states top backs in Watkins to under 100 yds and allowed 148 yards total offense I think the defense may be slightly under rated. Of course I am picking my Blaze I always do... but I believe they have the tools to get the job done