Single A teams to watch

Rockstar89

6 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

The first couple of single A games are now finals. BONUS: Found some single A games streaming on FB LIVE!

Watertown probably had a little more trouble than they thought they might against Gatliburg-Pittman, but pull out a win in 3.

Hickman County steamrolls a pitiful Halls team 3-0. All the Bulldogs had to do was keep it in play against Halls and watch them hit it out of bounds or into the net. How do teams like this get into the state tournament? Same with Memphis East...a team that only has ONE loss on the season, but obviously doesn't do anything but play their district schedule. They didn't even get into double digits against South Greene in set one.

Sale Creek vs. Loretto at 2p will me a marquee matchup at 2:00.

Memphis East is just a bad team. That part of the state must not have any Volleyball. I have saw junior high and jv teams that could beat them. I cannot even count the number of balls they just let fall to the court without moving. 

I am excited for the next match. I am thinking this should definitely be the game of the day in the Single A side. 

Edited by ReignofPurple

I think Hickman CO's unorthodox play took Watertown for a loop in set 1 but once they figured it out they were too big for Hickman Co and the Bulldogs stopped hitting and tried to push and place the ball instead. That, and unforced errors were the difference. You can't push the ball to a Libero that good  she set it up every time.

I still believe Loretto is the best team in single A grinding out wins against Sale Creek and South Greene today. Tomorrow against Watertown will be a good game. The Libero for Watertown is legit, but although smaller overall Loretto has 3 hitters better than anything Watertown has. Should still be a great match!

7 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

I think Hickman CO's unorthodox play took Watertown for a loop in set 1 but once they figured it out they were too big for Hickman Co and the Bulldogs stopped hitting and tried to push and place the ball instead. That, and unforced errors were the difference. You can't push the ball to a Libero that good  she set it up every time.

I still believe Loretto is the best team in single A grinding out wins against Sale Creek and South Greene today. Tomorrow against Watertown will be a good game. The Libero for Watertown is legit, but although smaller overall Loretto has 3 hitters better than anything Watertown has. Should still be a great match!

You’re right about that Hickman Co. game. 1st set was very rough for Watertown but after that they focused and left no doubt. 

Loretto is a different story. Probably the only team that Watertown played that is on their level is Lebanon. Watertown’s lack of power will come to light in this match and they will struggle but you never know.

Either way I think the Semi-final is a preview of the Final tomorrow, Watertown vs Loretto

It’s a bit of a dogfight and a bit of so-so officials. I will say that I think the teams are even  and the girls are giving their all every point.

some of the calls have been questionable at best for both sides and not just the judgement calls. I mean the in/out touch calls. 

Loretto pulls it out in 5. Great match and hopefully a preview of the final. I have to leave for a basketball meeting so I will not be able to watch the last game. 

I can't tell you how proud I am of the Watertown program.  Not too long ago Watertown was not in the least bit competitive.  The coach and players have been building the program step by step for a while now.  Incredible facility and just a good group of kids and coaches.  I would have never believed that Watertown could get to the point of competing for a championship.  Really cool. 

It must have been some match! Wish I could have seen it. I have seen Loretto pull the 3 set win after being down 2 before. They did it in sectionals last year vs Harpeth. I figured they would win, but surprised it was that close.

Watertown has really impressed me with this game. Last year was the first time they made it to the state tourney and quite honestly I felt like they were not as good as their record. They didn't really play in the 'big' tournaments this year and come from a pretty weak district/region. I didn't know if they would have 'it' to make it very far in state. I was wrong. They are gritty and well-coached. What they lack in power, they make up for in defense. Their Libero is legit.

I'm guessing it will be Watertown vs Sale Creek which should be a good game. I predict a Loretto/Watertown rematch for the state title. I look forward to watching that game tomorrow!!!!

Wow, I had to leave the house tonight and missed all the updates til now. I really feel for Watertown after the way they played against Loretto. I'm sure they are heartbroken, especially to be eliminated without winning a set against Sale Creek.

This sure sets up an interesting final with Loretto and Sale Creek. Since losing in round one to Loretto 3-1, Sale Creek blew through the elimination round WITHOUT LOSING A SET in 4 games. So, even though they are probably exhausted, they seem to be on a mission. Look forward to watching the final tomorrow!

I saw Sale Creek play at the Mid TN Classic back in Aug? early Sept? and don't remember anyone really standing out, but completely understand that most teams are LIGHT years away from what they were at the beginning of the season. I know a friend at Hickman Co. said she indeed absolutely torched them today. As I said above, since losing in round 1 they really have seemed to come alive.