Who would win Alcoa or Greenville

cyclones1

On 9/27/2018 at 2:38 PM, BatmanDevil said:

I guess that much could be agreed upon.Maybe the Topic should have been put up a couple months ago and ask will Greeneville and Alcoa both beat DB instead of a game that will never be played.By the end of the season there will probably be a thread asking if an East Tennessee team made up of the best high School players could beat the Vols.If it hasn't already been made, I'd give the Vols an early 10 point favorite before the next three weeks are played out and most have the Vols a 21 point underdog in that IFL game.

1 hour ago, numnuts said:

What a stuiped post if you think a allstar team would make a ballgame with Tennessee total different  playing on Friday and Saturday. 

OK,my turn.Your screen name says it all.If you can't figure out it was a joke going along with this IFL game,then change your screen name to numnuts.Oh ,wait a minute.

11 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

That you still have that Caine Ballard shrine in your closet hidden by Daveys letterman’s Jacket? 

LOL no not Davey's hidden behind but mine so we can burn it in front of the whole crowd of Greeneville fans after Greeneville butt is kicked off of Rocky Top. LOL And it will happen the second time is the charm.

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

LOL no not Davey's hidden behind but mine so we can burn it in front of the whole crowd of Greeneville fans after Greeneville butt is kicked off of Rocky Top. LOL And it will happen the second time is the charm.

Idiot this would make the 4rth year In a row playing if the cows get past Betsy. 

Edited by DevilMan03

Who would win between Greeneville and Alcoa? 

That's easy. High school football fans in TN would win. Ultimately though, it would not matter who literally won as it could potentially be the two best teams in all classifications period. #1 vs #2. That said though---I would put my money on Alcoa TBH. That is not in any way intended to suggest that Greenville could not beat Alcoa or that Alcoa is th better team. It simply means that Alcoa has an edge when it comes to playing high profile games against intense rivals. And they are not prone to make costly mistakes. True---like any other team---they do make mistakes. But they recover quick and don't generally allow whomever they are playing to take full advantage of them. That, and let's be honest for a minute---Alcoa plays far better teams year in and year out. Greenville seldom plays teams that can give them a proper challenge until the playoffs. It's not entirely their fault that the teams they play aren't better. And I am not suggesting that they load up their schedule with cupcakes or anything like that. I'm merely suggesting that Alcoa plays a couple of teams capable of not only competing with them---but also capable of beating them.

However---none of that is really that important in the long run. It's actually hard to say who would win. I would also caution everyone. Right now, it does appear that these two teams are the best of the best. But a lot of that hinges on how good the teams they've beaten actually are. There is still a lot of football left to play, and it's still to early to say who truly is the best of the best. But at this moment, I personally have no problem proclaiming that these two teams are truly special---and quite possibly the two best in TN period. If it were up to me, I think I would be doing everything to schedule this game each year. Both teams tend to just reload every year. So yeah---the winner overall would be us.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JNewman said:

Who would win between Greeneville and Alcoa? 

That's easy. High school football fans in TN would win. Ultimately though, it would not matter who literally won as it could potentially be the two best teams in all classifications period. #1 vs #2. That said though---I would put my money on Alcoa TBH. That is not in any way intended to suggest that Greenville could not beat Alcoa or that Alcoa is th better team. It simply means that Alcoa has an edge when it comes to playing high profile games against intense rivals. And they are not prone to make costly mistakes. True---like any other team---they do make mistakes. But they recover quick and don't generally allow whomever they are playing to take full advantage of them. That, and let's be honest for a minute---Alcoa plays far better teams year in and year out. Greenville seldom plays teams that can give them a proper challenge until the playoffs. It's not entirely their fault that the teams they play aren't better. And I am not suggesting that they load up their schedule with cupcakes or anything like that. I'm merely suggesting that Alcoa plays a couple of teams capable of not only competing with them---but also capable of beating them.

However---none of that is really that important in the long run. It's actually hard to say who would win. I would also caution everyone. Right now, it does appear that these two teams are the best of the best. But a lot of that hinges on how good the teams they've beaten actually are. There is still a lot of football left to play, and it's still to early to say who truly is the best of the best. But at this moment, I personally have no problem proclaiming that these two teams are truly special---and quite possibly the two best in TN period. If it were up to me, I think I would be doing everything to schedule this game each year. Both teams tend to just reload every year. So yeah---the winner overall would be us.

Very well written.My personal opinion is that on a yearly basis, nobody in east Tennessee compares to Maryville first and Alcoa second in all classifications.This year I do think Alcoa and Greeneville have two very special teams.Greeneville has brought their program along very well and any year you can compare to Maryville and the Alcoa team that has beaten them that year, it speaks volumes to the work that has been done to reach that point.As you wrote,there is a lot of football to be played and the Devils have a few dangerous games before they can bring back the gold as we all know Alcoa will most assuredly do.

• Upvote 1