Northeast High School (Clarksville)

Iceman76

On 9/21/2018 at 7:19 PM, sheppy said:

Only 2 region games have been played.  They still have West Creek (tonight), CHS, NWHS, HCHS to play in the region and a non region game, East Nashville.

Thanks for the info. Should still make the playoffs in the T$$AA everyone gets a playoff gate format, but I digress.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, sheppy said:

Been nothing in the Leaf Chronicle about any of this.  Nowadays, not much in the Leaf about local sports at all.  The Sunday paper will have an article and brief tidbits about Friday night games. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Haven't received my morning paper but did read about this in the Leaf yesterday and was told there was an article in today's paper.  If what I read yesterday was accurate, why are you filing a hardship appeal with TSSAA when the TSSAA has not handed down their decision?  I must be missing something!!!

Don't think they left any doubt Friday night by winning 64-6.

12 hours ago, sheppy said:

Haven't received my morning paper but did read about this in the Leaf yesterday and was told there was an article in today's paper.  If what I read yesterday was accurate, why are you filing a hardship appeal with TSSAA when the TSSAA has not handed down their decision?  I must be missing something!!!

Don't think they left any doubt Friday night by winning 64-6.

It’s crazy this stuff only happens in Clarksville, Tn. What’s amazing is this only happens because of  one person In Clarksville, Tn by the name of Gary Shepherd aka “Sheppy”. He’s the one who turned in Northeast High this year, and in 2015 him and his partner Terry Arrington turned in Clarksville High in 2015 when they starter 4-0. Let me remind these are the same two who turned it in again this year. Got one question Gary “Sheppy” Shepherd... What thrill do you get out of this? Does this  make you feel better about being one of the worst coaches/ mentors(Nobody would call you their mentor) in Montgomery county? Or is it because you just can’t stand not being of part of any greatness ? You did it to CHS because you and Terry Arrington couldn’t buy a win with the loads of talent you had at northeast. Like you really reported this jumped on coacht and started a message board before the paper could come out with an article. As you guys can see he really loves ruining Clarksville’s football success all because he can’t be a part of it. Kids in this city put in all this work and you love snaking programs in the route to making history. Stick to running your restaurant in downtown Clarksville “Edwards Steak House” (Its Pretty Gross and over priced) ! . Your the biggest fan of Northeast! Been watching all the success and the same individual whose trying to ruin it. This mans a snake to the city of Clarksville athletics .

9 hours ago, 931Truth said:

It’s crazy this stuff only happens in Clarksville, Tn. What’s amazing is this only happens because of  one person In Clarksville, Tn by the name of Gary Shepherd aka “Sheppy”. He’s the one who turned in Northeast High this year, and in 2015 him and his partner Terry Arrington turned in Clarksville High in 2015 when they starter 4-0. Let me remind these are the same two who turned it in again this year. Got one question Gary “Sheppy” Shepherd... What thrill do you get out of this? Does this  make you feel better about being one of the worst coaches/ mentors(Nobody would call you their mentor) in Montgomery county? Or is it because you just can’t stand not being of part of any greatness ? You did it to CHS because you and Terry Arrington couldn’t buy a win with the loads of talent you had at northeast. Like you really reported this jumped on coacht and started a message board before the paper could come out with an article. As you guys can see he really loves ruining Clarksville’s football success all because he can’t be a part of it. Kids in this city put in all this work and you love snaking programs in the route to making history. Stick to running your restaurant in downtown Clarksville “Edwards Steak House” (Its Pretty Gross and over priced) ! . Your the biggest fan of Northeast! Been watching all the success and the same individual whose trying to ruin it. This mans a snake to the city of Clarksville athletics .

931Truth you have no idea who turned them in.  I can tell you without a doubt it wasn't Sheppy.  If you have a problem with him come out and give your name so you and him can get together.  If the people in charge at the school did their job this would not have happened.  If someone transfers in without changing addresses then that should send up red flags for admin. 

It would have took any idiot a max of ten minutes to look this rule up and not have had this problem. Everyone feels for the kids but at the end of the day the HC has to take responsibility. I wouldn’t want to look those kids in the face and admit I didn’t know the rules. Also, didn’t the newspaper say it was “self reported” Guess that was a lie since now everyone is pointing fingers. 

10 hours ago, 931Truth said:

Name dropping....Its about to get real lol

On 9/21/2018 at 6:41 PM, WRudolph2003 said:

You have to follow the rules, just like everyone else. One thing is for sure, it’s not the kids fault. Adults are responsible for checking these 

The kids did nothing wrong, nor the coaches. I will agree that the adults mistakes are more impactful to the kids than they are to the adults. 

10 hours ago, 931Truth said:

First of all, "Sheppy" has no bearing on this situation because he is not teaching/coaching at this time.  TSSAA wold not even consider hearing him out at this point......regardless of his success in high school football coaching in TN.  This falls squarely on the shoulders of Northeast Brass.  This is actually surprising to me because people in the area (broad area) thought the Rossview transfer may actually have been the real issue.  But, that seems to be NOT the case.  Good for him.  The Head Coach & Athletic Director (throw in the CMCSS AD as well) must have a complete understanding of the TSSAA rules.  It appears that when the kid transferred, the process was not completed correctly with TSSAA.  A Hardship should have been applied if the filing with eligibility had been done the correct way to start with.  TSSAA rarely, & I mean RARELY grant hardships because it is usually the kid/family running from self inflicted problems at prior school.   Some programs will try to bypass the Hardship protocol for this very reason.  Not good.  Not saying this is the case here, but it happens all too often.

19 minutes ago, MacTenn76 said:

The kids did nothing wrong, nor the coaches. I will agree that the adults mistakes are more impactful to the kids than they are to the adults. 

How can you say the coach(es) did nothing wrong?  Are you saying that a coach who does not understand the rules of eligibility is in the right?  Are you saying that the coach is in the right in taking a chance to even play the kid in a varsity game knowing there may be repercussions?  This hurts the WHOLE team.  Who do you place blame on?  ANY TIME a kid transfers for ANY reason should throw up a red flag to any coach/school.  There are always reasons for transfers, and the coach must follow protocol before the kid should be allowed to do anything with the new team/school.  

I have no dog in the fight, but I believe this falls on the Northeast AD more than the Head Coach. It's the AD's job to go on the TSSAA Portal and enter/verify eligibility for ALL of a school's Varsity athletes. There are very, very straightforward questions that the site asks to verify transfer eligibility. It's hard to mess up if one is being honest. 

2 hours ago, UTInsider said:

931Truth you have no idea who turned them in.  I can tell you without a doubt it wasn't Sheppy.  If you have a problem with him come out and give your name so you and him can get together.  If the people in charge at the school did their job this would not have happened.  If someone transfers in without changing addresses then that should send up red flags for admin. 

Actually everybody knows who turned them in. My name is 931Truth and I’m telling  nothing but the truth. You guys are right Gary Shepherd has no ties to any program and is not coaching anymore, so why would he turn a school in ? He just can’t stand that he’s one of the worst football coaches to ever touch the city of Clarksville. Him and his good old friend Terry Arrington have been running  around Clarksville ruining programs. Let me remind you they are the same two who  turned CHS in 2015 and did it again this year . Look at Sheppy’s comments he was begging for the paper to release an article on here before it even was made public. He loves the drama selling nasty over priced steak isn’t enough for the old guy. Either way Northeast has one of the best teams in 5A. They have the potentional to win out.  Gary Shepherd enjoy your retirement stop trying to ruin’s Clarksville’s success there’s a reason your not a coach. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

15 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

I have no dog in the fight, but I believe this falls on the Northeast AD more than the Head Coach. It's the AD's job to go on the TSSAA Portal and enter/verify eligibility for ALL of a school's Varsity athletes. There are very, very straightforward questions that the site asks to verify transfer eligibility. It's hard to mess up if one is being honest. 

While I agree that the AD should bear some of the brunt on this eligibility issue, but let's be real.  In most places, the AD is just a figure head.  The coaches of the programs are usually the ones who actually do the eligibility.  The ADs usually just set up the tables for ticket takers and set up transportation for school teams.  Not like that in all cases, and not saying that is the case in CMCSS.  I am just stating that the Head Coach should be aware and prepared for these situations.  The head coach is taking a HUGE risk if they play a transfer for any reason.  The correct TSSAA protocol must be adhered to or things like this will happen.  10/10 times, this can be avoided if done correctly.