York vs Upperman

UpperCumberlandMan

Congratulations Bees 35-14. York on their 1st possession went for it on 4th down in their own side of the field. They set the Bees up to take the lead 7-0. They scored on their 1st 5 possessions. York had an 80 yard TD pass. York dropped the ball 4 or 5 times. They just got outplayed. Bees showed up. The only bright spot for York was they didn't let the Bees score again. One stop late in 1st half and neither scored in 2nd half. Coach Wright said the Dragons just didn't show up. York just has no pass defense...they line up 10 yards off and that won't stop anyone. Great season though so far for the Dragons and can still go 9-1. Bees should easily go unbeaten.

On 9/26/2018 at 11:24 AM, HC116 said:

I made an account just to comment on this game.

This is, without a doubt, the biggest game in this region this season.  I have watched both York and Upperman play this season (full disclosure I have seen Upperman two more times) and I don't think York has the weapons to slow down the UHS offense, or score enough to keep up. York will have to shut down Blake Metzgar, which is no small feat as he is firmly in the Mr. Football conversation. Even if they do that, Donoven McCallister at QB can run and really sling the ball, especially to their speedy WR Cole Bush.

Meanwhile, the three-headed monster at RB for York will take a huge effort to stop, but the Bees defense has been dominant. Shutting out Livingston was impressive, as was only allowing 7 to 6A Cookeville, even though they are down.

Last week's game against Oneida is not a good sign for the Dragons. OHS is a good 2A team, but York trailed them 10-7 at halftime and UHS is miles ahead of Oneida.

Without a doubt, York could win, but the stadium will be at capacity and the Bees are rolling. I'll pick the Bees by 21, but it wouldn't surprise me if this one gets out of hand. 

I won't say I told you so, but I'll just say both of these teams are really good. Upperman is just on another level. It looks like they may get the honor of losing to Alcoa.