PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

Here's my perspective of the game. Both teams needed the lessons learned last night...Trenton is no worse this morning than yesterday morning as a football team. They now know that effort and focus goes with talent and teamwork to create a great season, and that if any ingredient is left out of that mix you can lose. Gibson County now knows that they can play with anyone in their classification if they play a complete game, and that's a lesson that coaches can't teach on the level of a win like this. 

Peabody's season isn't scrapped because of one loss, in fact this L may just be looked back upon as the medicine needed to carry them to Cookeville.

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Here's my perspective of the game. Both teams needed the lessons learned last night...Trenton is no worse this morning than yesterday morning as a football team. They now know that effort and focus goes with talent and teamwork to create a great season, and that if any ingredient is left out of that mix you can lose. Gibson County now knows that they can play with anyone in their classification if they play a complete game, and that's a lesson that coaches can't teach on the level of a win like this. 

Peabody's season isn't scrapped because of one loss, in fact this L may just be looked back upon as the medicine needed to carry them to Cookeville.

Agreed, all isn't lost here, just one game.- perspective.

42 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Yes we do. I know this may sounds ludicrous, but we got out coached last night 

Out coached & out played. The offensive game plan was the worst I’ve seen in a long time from any football team on any level. Mismatches all around the field & Peabody didn’t try to take advantage of man coverage all night. GC loaded the box, had the numbers at the line of scrimmage, & Peabody could never figure out to take advantage of the intermediate passing game. GC played man & lined up their secondary across the field 7 yards deep & bailed hard all night. Not one time did Peabody run any kind of crossing routes to take advantage of the speed that they have. After watching what I saw last night, Peabody Achilles heel may be there offensive play calling. It was suspect at best. The utilization of talent that they have looked to be awful. No reason not to use your best playmaker in #7 more than a handful of times last night. Out coached from the start & whooped up front all night long. Having said all of that, Gibson County is 100% deserving of that win. They played hard, fast, & physical & executed their game plan almost flawlessly. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Great post tradertwo! 

7 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I agree a great post u hit the nail square on the head and drove it home! This is the best  thing that could have happen to Peabody. I am Peabody fan but they took the Pioneers lightly and paid the cost. Their heads were began to swell. Now Peabody needs to put that a game behind them and get back to business! 

11 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Out coaches & out played. The offensive game plan was the worst I’ve seen in a long time from any football team on any level. Mismatches all around the field & Peabody didn’t try to take advantage of man coverage all night. GC loaded the box, had the numbers at the line of scrimmage, & Peabody could never figure out to take advantage of the intermediate passing game. GC played man & lined up their secondary across the field 7 yards deep & bailed hard all night. Not one time did Peabody run any kind of crossing routes to take advantage of the speed that they have. After watching what I saw last night, Peabody Achilles heel may be there offensive play calling. It was suspect at best. The utilization of talent that they have looked to be awful. No reason not to use your best playmaker in #7 more than a handful of times last night. Out coached from the start & whooped up front all night long. Having said all of that, Gibson County is 100% deserving of that win. They played hard, fast, & physical & executed their game plan almost flawlessly. 

They won no but I’m not sure they deserved it.  Refs can’t make a call like they did and change the game. There should be replay in high school they could use Hudl.  If they use replay peabody wins 

11 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

They were chasing Ozzy Rico down the sideline on a 70 yard touchdown run!!!!!

You Peabody fans straight up disrespected Gibson County all week! No if’s and’s or but’s about it... straight disrespect and you just got served!

Congrats to Gibson County players and coaches! I’m glad for you guys! You deserved this one!

Another great post every word is true! I been around this game for 60 years I learn a long time ago anybody can be on any given Friday night. I am a Peabody fan but what a fantastic win for the Pioneers!

Edited by JungleJim125

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

They won no but I’m not sure they deserved it.  Refs can’t make a call like they did and change the game. There should be replay in high school they could use Hudl.  If they use replay peabody wins 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Everone on here can get mad at me I really don't care. It comes back to coaching Peabody has a good not a elite coach until he can win the big one that's all he will be. That is a fact!

Edited by JungleJim125