Greeneville vs Elizabethton

BVDevil

1 hour ago, greene4747 said:

I am so excited about this game!!! Two great programs and communities that respect each other!!! Great players who have competed against each other since middle school!!! It’s going to be electric in Burley this Friday..... Betsy will throw everything at the Devils! Greeneville has not ran Ballard or Youngblood at all bc they haven’t had to. They have executed on offense and defense!  Really proud of these two programs in our region!  I’ve watched a lot of football in my time and these two programs are consistently high class and well coached period!  Go Devils! Cyclones much respect!  

Prayers for an injury free game!

Devils by 2-3 tds

+1

3 hours ago, woodby30 said:

Lets see let us do some fact finding:

Greeneville in conference  PF 194 PA 14

Elizabethton in conference PF 173 PA 19

Overall

Greeneville PF 362 PA 24

Elizabethton PF 327 PA 90

One could make multiple arguments

Lets start with the they are pretty equal argument You could say Elizabethton pulled there starters way before Greeneville in any game which is why Greeneville has the statistical advantage. If you take away the first game of the season jitters Betsy blows out SH and the stats are even. Or you could say Greeneville never pulls starters etc.

Next Argument Greeneville should have double these numbers but they only play starters 1 quarter. And they hold back the 2's

See where this is going The fact is Greenville is a great team, Elizabethton is a great team. They are very close statistically. Greeneville does have the advantage. However, when it comes to games like this all I just said does NOT matter. So here is some more facts. Two great teams will play Friday one will win. 

First game jitters? Really if Carter punts sh wins oh but wait Elizabethton up 1 with 1:47 left and sh has 0 time outs and 1st and goal but no knee ehs scores and lets sh have a chance. We wont talk about last year against Greenville when Corey gets to the goal line then you give it to a lineman then keep throwing a fade. That is why I say greeneville big plus they are just better.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Tab said:

First game jitters? Really if Carter punts sh wins oh but wait Elizabethton up 1 with 1:47 left and sh has 0 time outs and 1st and goal but no knee ehs scores and lets sh have a chance. We wont talk about last year against Greenville when Corey gets to the goal line then you give it to a lineman then keep throwing a fade. That is why I say greeneville big plus they are just better.

+1

Agree 100% with the Greene4747 post.I've got several reasons to respect Elizabethton football over the years .Here are a few Elizabethton football facts .They were the first team in the state to ever win a playoff football state championship in 1938. They have beat the Devils more times then not on the field in our history.Beating them in the regular season doesn't guarantee us a playoff win over them,they proved that a few years ago.

1998 Sep. 25 Greeneville (H) W 28-6
1998 Nov. 20 Greeneville*** L 14-43

No team has pushed an Alcoa state champion like Elizabethton did two years ago in the third round 17-14.They gave our 2017 state champion team a great game last year .Now bringing it to this week.Elizabethton is one of the 3 best 4A teams in the state without question this year and they have not lost a game.

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Upvote 1

Matchups are everything on any given night.As I said last night to someone,the first thing a good team {and it's not rocket science} will do, is take away our bubble screen if they have the talent.Then they will have to be good enough to cover our running game and down the field passes.No doubt,I rather make us throw down field first and try to put as many in the box for our running  game, instead of watch three guys beat my team for 40 yards on every play with a quick out type pass.It's pick your poison and we are capable of running it for hundreds of yards .On their offense,a good balanced team that can have long drives like the one South had before the field goal miss ,is what it will take there.I've not watched enough of Betsy to know how many of those parts they can bring to the game but I do know that  this week,there isn't a bigger game that I'd rather see in Tennessee and I'm darn glad it's on tv so thousands like myself that may have a schedule problem,get a chance to see it that night or another.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Matchups are everything on any given night.As I said last night to someone,the first thing a good team {and it's not rocket science} will do, is take away our bubble screen if they have the talent.Then they will have to be good enough to cover our running game and down the field passes.No doubt,I rather make us throw down field first and try to put as many in the box for our running  game, instead of watch three guys beat my team for 40 yards on every play with a quick out type pass.It's pick your poison and we are capable of running it for hundreds of yards .On their offense,a good balanced team that can have long drives like the one South had before the field goal miss ,is what it will take there.I've not watched enough of Betsy to know how many of those parts they can bring to the game but I do know that  this week,there isn't a bigger game that I'd rather see in Tennessee and I'm darn glad it's on tv so thousands like myself that may have a schedule problem,get a chance to see it that night or another.

We’ve only showed probably 4 plays all year. Scary to think what this team is capable of with opening up the play book. This game will be a blowout. All the haters will make complaints and excuses but that’s what’s going to happen. But I have Betsy beating the cows and making this a round 3 game back at burley. 

10 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Good to talk to you and BVD last night.I hope your right about the Vols.Years ago,nobody could stand to be around me for days after a Tennessee loss.When we won the last title and my own kids started playing sports,it really calmed me down a bunch.You would have love to seen me and BVD at a UT game 25 years ago.

It was good meeting you!  Yea, I'm still one of those that are optimistic about the VOLS!   I believe their going to be OK!  

14 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

It was good meeting you!  Yea, I'm still one of those that are optimistic about the VOLS!   I believe their going to be OK!  

I hope Jeremy is a good coach and he will get the program back.I know it will take a while because when your in the SEC and at the bottom,all the other schools are not just waiting on you to catch up.