Greeneville vs Elizabethton

BVDevil

30 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Thx! Just heard that one of their backs was out the first four games for some reason. Just double checking the source.:thumb:

It's Keyo Taylor. He played last night for the first time. Had 11 carries for 77 yrds. and a touchdown. Also plays on the defense as a defensive end. He's 6', 240 and a junior. If he can commit himself to the books he has a future. 

18 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It's Keyo Taylor. He played last night for the first time. Had 11 carries for 77 yrds. and a touchdown. Also plays on the defense as a defensive end. He's 6', 240 and a junior. If he can commit himself to the books he has a future. 

Thanks WaCo!

Thats kinda what I thought. My source is rarely incorrect. I knew I would have noticed him had he played against Greeneville several weeks ago! Kid is a beast. Was difficult to stop him from falling forward for 3 yards consistently in the first half while also playing on the D side as well. Was glad he was available for our game.Hope he keeps moving in the right direction. Definitely has a future. 

:thumb:

3a Johnson County, Unicoi, North Greene,  West Greene, Claiborne and Doak. In 4a you got Greeneville and South and not this year but some years East is ok. Central, Grainger and Union are bad. Plus football has to make money and 3a there would be a lot less money. They could ask him Alcoa or Greeneville.

40 minutes ago, Tab said:

3a Johnson County, Unicoi, North Greene,  West Greene, Claiborne and Doak. In 4a you got Greeneville and South and not this year but some years East is ok. Central, Grainger and Union are bad. Plus football has to make money and 3a there would be a lot less money. They could ask him Alcoa or Greeneville.

I think if the question is do you play Greeneville or Alcoa on a yearly deal to go for the gold, that's a pretty easy decision.This year would be pick your poison .Over a normal 10 year span,your going to get one or two really good shots at beating Alcoa if you are loaded in 3a.Elizabethton was one of the Devils losses in 2009 on the way to the  state title game .Greeneville got a big payback in 2010 and also caught Alcoa in 2011 at a good time. I think they lost about four games if I'm not mistaking that year and Greeneville had one of it's best  teams .Perfect Devil storm but 2012 was not so perfect.Elizabethton is about as close to Greeneville in every way as you can get in NET,but for now the edge goes to the Devils.Not so much that we can show up and watch Betsy just roll over

Edited by BatmanDevil