Germantown vs. Henry County

Respect901fball

3 hours ago, dannyq said:

Well I would like to know how the game went.

First half pretty even.  14-14 at half.

Germantown kicked a FG early in 3rd. The next possession for HC was a INT inside the 20 giving Germantown a short field. They scored and HC never recovered.

Germantow defense made it hard for HC to get much going in the 2nd half.

Final 31-21 Germantown.

Germantown had the edge in the trenches - not a big edge - but enough to make the difference.

I didn't hear final stats. Germantown had a hard time running on HC defense, but passed well when needed.

HC had trouble when forced to pass. Germantown had very good DB and pass rush.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BigRedRealist said:

First half pretty even.  14-14 at half.

Germantown kicked a FG early in 3rd. The next possession for HC was a INT inside the 20 giving Germantown a short field. They scored and HC never recovered.

Germantow defense made it hard for HC to get much going in the 2nd half.

Final 31-21 Germantown.

Germantown had the edge in the trenches - not a big edge - but enough to make the difference.

I didn't hear final stats. Germantown had a hard time running on HC defense, but passed well when needed.

HC had trouble when forced to pass. Germantown had very good DB and pass rush.

When it all comes down to it HC was tied with Germantown at the half. The 3rd quarter made the difference when G-Town outscored HC 10-0 but the 4th was tied 7-7. This was against a 6A undefeated team that has big potential to make it to Cookeville. We only lost by 10 points which was just the 3rd quarter that made the difference. HC will be just fine this year and have a very promising future. If they can beat NE in the regular season I truely believe HC will go to Cookeville. 

13 hours ago, HCPats said:

When it all comes down to it HC was tied with Germantown at the half. The 3rd quarter made the difference when G-Town outscored HC 10-0 but the 4th was tied 7-7. This was against a 6A undefeated team that has big potential to make it to Cookeville. We only lost by 10 points which was just the 3rd quarter that made the difference. HC will be just fine this year and have a very promising future. If they can beat NE in the regular season I truely believe HC will go to Cookeville. 

This is pretty much spot on!!

Germantown's kicker was good Friday night.  All but one kick offs were touchbacks.  1 for 1 on field goals.  Punts were pretty good too.  HC did a great job stopping the run. Nothing up the middle and barely anything on the outside. VERY discipline front 4 for H C. Germantown QB was good Friday night. He had a pick on the first series and settled down.  Their WR #3 made big plays all night and kept moving the chains when they needed it. QB threw 3 touchdowns to #'s 2,3 and the big TE # 32 ( + big 2pnt conversion)  Germantown's defense allowed only 19 yards thru the air. Pretty good since their QB has thrown for well over 1200 yards this season.  This was a big win for Gtown. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Respect901fball said:

Germantown's kicker was good Friday night.  All but one kick offs were touchbacks.  1 for 1 on field goals.  Punts were pretty good too.  HC did a great job stopping the run. Nothing up the middle and barely anything on the outside. VERY discipline front 4 for H C. Germantown QB was good Friday night. He had a pick on the first series and settled down.  Their WR #3 made big plays all night and kept moving the chains when they needed it. QB threw 3 touchdowns to #'s 2,3 and the big TE # 32 ( + big 2pnt conversion)  Germantown's defense allowed only 19 yards thru the air. Pretty good since their QB has thrown for well over 1200 yards this season.  This was a big win for Gtown. 

Yes sir that kicker had a leg lol. Sure would be nice to see HC and Germantown bring home gold to West TN. 

15 minutes ago, Respect901fball said:

Question?  Does the outcome speak more about Gtown being 6th in 6a (too high/low).  Or does it speak more about Henry county and their ranking (too high/low) at # 1 in 5A? 

Or were both teams legit in where they were ranked.  Is Henry County still the best team in 5a?  Is Germantown where they should be # 6 in 6A?

Germantown should be at least top 4 in 6A and in my opinion HC is still at least the top 3 in 5A