Germantown vs. Henry County

Respect901fball

We all know the legitimacy (or lack of) of rankings. They are strictly opinions, and like they say, everyone has one. However, I do believe the rankings of HC and Germantown are fairly legit. I agree with the #1 ranking for Henry County, and honestly believe that Germantown should be higher. They proved a lot by coming into Patriot Stadium and taking care of business, not many can accomplish that task. Personally, I'd put them as high as #3 or #4 in 6A.

15 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

We all know the legitimacy (or lack of) of rankings. They are strictly opinions, and like they say, everyone has one. However, I do believe the rankings of HC and Germantown are fairly legit. I agree with the #1 ranking for Henry County, and honestly believe that Germantown should be higher. They proved a lot by coming into Patriot Stadium and taking care of business, not many can accomplish that task. Personally, I'd put them as high as #3 or #4 in 6A.

I think Henry County was legit at #1.  I've thought Gtown was too low all season.  Everybody in this area knows the Region pretty much has to go through Whitehaven. I think Germantown is the best football team in the area however.  Especially after Friday nights win. I would love to see them play Lausanne. 

Henry County should stay in the top 3 unless the voters don't think too high of Germantown. 

We'll see

1 hour ago, Respect901fball said:

I think Henry County was legit at #1.  I've thought Gtown was too low all season.  Everybody in this area knows the Region pretty much has to go through Whitehaven. I think Germantown is the best football team in the area however.  Especially after Friday nights win. I would love to see them play Lausanne. 

Henry County should stay in the top 3 unless the voters don't think too high of Germantown. 

We'll see

I don’t think Germantown wanted to schedule Lausanne again after they put it on them a couple years ago. I would also love to see that game this year. 

5 minutes ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

I don’t think Germantown wanted to schedule Lausanne again after they put it on them a couple years ago. I would also love to see that game this year. 

Geez... you're right. lol  I think they were only down by a touchdown or something like that coming out of halftime.  Things turned pretty quick.  Would love to see it as well. 

4 minutes ago, Respect901fball said:

Geez... you're right. lol  I think they were only down by a touchdown or something like that coming out of halftime.  Things turned pretty quick.  Would love to see it as well. 

Germantown actually had a chance to be leading going into half. Threw a pick that Lausanne capitalized on with just a couple minutes left in the half. Then Lausanne got the ball and scored first play of the half and put it on them in the 3rd quarter. Fun game to watch as a Lynx fan! 

I’d love to see these two play, but I’m not so sure that MUS isn’t the best team in the area this season. 

Region 8 AAAAAA is going to be fun the next three weeks. Every game is a major matchup beginning Friday.

Germantown at Whitestation

Whitehaven at Central

bye week next week then

Oct. 19

Whitestation at Whitehaven

Central at Germantown

Oct. 26

Whitehaven at G Town

Central at Whitestation

It's gonna be interesting how this plays out!

Edited by dannyq

3 hours ago, dannyq said:

Region 8 AAAAAA is going to be fun the next three weeks. Every game is a major matchup beginning Friday.

Germantown at Whitestation

Whitehaven at Central

bye week next week then

Oct. 19

Whitestation at Whitehaven

Central at Germantown

Oct. 26

Whitehaven at G Town

Central at Whitestation

It's gonna be interesting how this plays out!

I've been running through my brain which region is tougher. I honestly don't know, but I'd have to rank D1, R8, 6A as 1A with Germantown, Central, Whitehaven, and White Station. D2, AAA West would be 1B with Christian Brothers, MUS, Briarcrest and St. Benedict. I don't know which one is tougher, and you could probably debate the legitimacy of each until the cows come home. I think those two are two of the toughest regions in the state ... regardless of classification. It is about to get real interesting in Memphis High School football. Last week, CBHS pulled out a squeeker over Briarcrest. This city/county is chock full of state championship caliber teams. It's HARD to get out of this part of the state. HARD! Time to put on your big boy britches, if you don't already have them on!

Edited by kwc