Union City hosts TCA

Bigsw02

Well, it's been tough so far this season for my beloved Tornadoes. We have been fighting injuries and 4 out of the 5 games we have played have been against outstanding football teams. Our record does not look that good. However, that doesn't mean that our boys feel like throwing in the towel and giving up on this season. No, quite the opposite. One thing you can count on is a gritty group of guys who will not go into the night quietly. They have learned a lot this season and are anxious to get into Region play. We're starting to get some guys back at a good time and I have confidence that we will be able to have some better success than what we have been having so far this year.

The Lions are coming to town Friday night and they will bring a challenge to Tornado Alley. TCA is traditionally tough and well coached and always play hard.  Our guys are tired of losing and are anxious to get back on track. Will my Tornadoes get past the Lions on Friday night? Or is TCA going to spoil our plans? Let's talk about it.

Swo not sure what TCA will bring Friday. Tca sometimes looks as if they are flying around the field and can’t be stoped by anyone. Then another half they look like they are sleep walking. Again and as always for us it is a depth issue. I know It sounds as an excuse but it is not. It is a fact but it is not a fact that determines the fight in our team. To us this game is David vs. Goliath. UC has tradition and that goes a long way when a team is dealing with adversity. TCA is a team looking for that one big win to prove that they belong in the talk with the big boys. I look Forward to a great game. 

1 hour ago, Bigsw02 said:

Well, it's been tough so far this season for my beloved Tornadoes. We have been fighting injuries and 4 out of the 5 games we have played have been against outstanding football teams. Our record does not look that good. However, that doesn't mean that our boys feel like throwing in the towel and giving up on this season. No, quite the opposite. One thing you can count on is a gritty group of guys who will not go into the night quietly. They have learned a lot this season and are anxious to get into Region play. We're starting to get some guys back at a good time and I have confidence that we will be able to have some better success than what we have been having so far this year.

The Lions are coming to town Friday night and they will bring a challenge to Tornado Alley. TCA is traditionally tough and well coached and always play hard.  Our guys are tired of losing and are anxious to get back on track. Will my Tornadoes get past the Lions on Friday night? Or is TCA going to spoil our plans? Let's talk about it.

Bigs, I think this Friday is going to happen in a big way! Having those guys back is going to be YUGE! Unless TCA rolls in and pulls something new out of their pocket, The matchups favor the Tornadoes.

18 minutes ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

Bigs, I think this Friday is going to happen in a big way! Having those guys back is going to be YUGE! Unless TCA rolls in and pulls something new out of their pocket, The matchups favor the Tornadoes.

Don’t be so sure Tca is coming with the same game plan as the first part of the season. Having the by week may have allowed time to impliment things not seen so far. But you never know. We may still be in for a beat down. 

I hate to put so much emphasis on a "mid season" game but I think this one is a big un,U.C has to have a region win!!! Tca who has so much talent has shown a almost Bi Polar tendency. If you want the truth U.C has played a schedule that is way to brutul,TCA got beat once by a team that's top notch in D 2 and never woke up playing USJ! I dont think UC has lost to a team that has a loss! This is gonna be war!!I am gonna be a wimp in this one, because of ties to UC and great friends from TCA and not make a prediction other than a region 7 teams gets the win,hhahaahahahh !!!RTR

2 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

Yes it has been rough going for the Tornadoes so far this season. What I like about UC is coaching. Coach will play teams out of state that he knows nothing about. To allow his players to take some lumps and learn on the way from it. Coach will have them ready come playoff time.  

3 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Im with some of you guys there is two games this week that can be huge for the R7 standing.

Peabody-Gibson County

UC-TCA

TCA is a good ball team. UC will have their hands full. Im picking and pulling for TCA to win this one. Good luck to both teams. Hope for an injury free game.

Agree that the future of R7 will become very clear to all after this week.

Peabody will solidify it position position as the leader of R7 after defeating handily in-county rival GC. Im predicting the Tide rolls BIG in this one from the onset and never look back. Peabody wins by 30.

UC will find out first hand Friday night the weakness of TCA's schedule prior to this contest. Historically the same schedule wouldn't be as weak but with McKenzie and Adamsville both way down that is simply not the case this year. Wins against JCS, A'ville and McKenzie simply don't mean in the first half of this year what they have meant in the past. Unless the TCA staff can pull a rabbit out of their hat I predict Trinity scores no more than 10 in this contest and UC man handles a win on the ground by 13. 

Edited by TBALLEXPERT

Speed will kill UC. If union city doesn’t contain TCA speedster then it’ll be a long night. If UC goes to what won the title last year and can grind out long drives then Region 7 needs to watch out. Just like all these year union city has won, there’s a saying a nicely ran wing-T can beat any team on any level in football.