TOP TEN PLAYERS IN 4A THIS 2018 SEASON! (No more than 2 players on the team you root for) I'm trying to see something.

FootballPops

On 9/26/2018 at 11:11 PM, DevilMan03 said:

Gotta have Ballard over Everett lol

Thread asked for top two players from each team. We aren't comparing players from different schools. Ballard has worked extremely hard, its obvious.  He deserves his appointment to West Point. All NET is happy for him and all kids who get to go to college free.  But in regards to passing yards / qb play, he has benefited from a ton of quality players around him. Not the kind of athlete Cobb at  Alcoa, Phillips from South, or even Ferguson at DB was.  He's like a little Frasier (former qb at Nebraska). But a lot of the passing yards are quick hits to Goddard and others. Goddard and others athleticism and speed, along with good team blocking accounts for a lot of the stats.  I've seen them many times. Thus, I don't consider Ballard top two on the Devils' squad. He will change positions in college and run a lot of special teams and can do well.  I do congratulate the young man. He's a very good high school qb.  

So yes, Goddard and Youngblood are the top two Greene Devil's.  Both have a high ceiling. 

Lol

Edited by Pudding

15 minutes ago, Pudding said:

Thread asked for top two players from each team. We aren't comparing players from different schools. Ballard has worked extremely hard, its obvious.  He deserves his appointment to West Point. All NET is happy for him and all kids who get to go to college free.  But in regards to passing yards / qb play, he has benefited from a ton of quality players around him. Not the kind of athlete Cobb at  Alcoa, Phillips from South, or even Ferguson at DB was.  He's like a little Frasier (former qb at Nebraska). But a lot of the passing yards are quick hits to Goddard and others. Goddard and others athleticism and speed, along with good team blocking accounts for a lot of the stats.  I've seen them many times. Thus, I don't consider Ballard top two on the Devils' squad. He will change positions in college and run a lot of special teams and can do well.  I do congratulate the young man. He's a very good high school qb.  

So yes, Goddard and Youngblood are the top two Greene Devil's.  Both have a high ceiling. 

Lol

Why list three for south? 

Edited by DevilMan03

@DevilMan03 I do believe you listed 5 or 6 players plus the line. I'm gonna be honest I've seen Greeneville play, and alot of teams play mainly because I'm a Springfield supporter. Ballard is a good high school QB due to the system they run.  That offense runs every bit through him. Hes not a pure passer for sure.  Booboo Hodges from Maplewood would give him a run for his money for what they do. Its quite possible that could be the Championship match up if we dont get back. I've got news for you.  Maplewood is the most talented team in the state in 4A. That doesn't mean they'll beat Greeneville. Greeneville in my opinion is the best coached, and probably strongest team in 4A. I'm not saying that Springfield would have beat Greeneville, but yall definitely didn't get their best shot last year. I think the stage was a little big for them. I do believe Greeneville has probably a couple of the best players at their position in the state, but not the whole darn team DevilMan.  I do appreciate your die hard loyalty to your team, but let's be real. 

1 hour ago, FootballPops said:

@DevilMan03 I do believe you listed 5 or 6 players plus the line. I'm gonna be honest I've seen Greeneville play, and alot of teams play mainly because I'm a Springfield supporter. Ballard is a good high school QB due to the system they run.  That offense runs every bit through him. Hes not a pure passer for sure.  Booboo Hodges from Maplewood would give him a run for his money for what they do. Its quite possible that could be the Championship match up if we dont get back. I've got news for you.  Maplewood is the most talented team in the state in 4A. That doesn't mean they'll beat Greeneville. Greeneville in my opinion is the best coached, and probably strongest team in 4A. I'm not saying that Springfield would have beat Greeneville, but yall definitely didn't get their best shot last year. I think the stage was a little big for them. I do believe Greeneville has probably a couple of the best players at their position in the state, but not the whole darn team DevilMan.  I do appreciate your die hard loyalty to your team, but let's be real. 

The possibility of Maplewood vs Greeneville championship game would be a semi-final match up. They are on the same side of the play-off bracket.....

2 hours ago, FootballPops said:

This is where you lost me.  No One on Greeneville's State Champ Team had ever played in a State Championship game before either.  Greeneville Took away what Springfield wanted to do in that game and that was get the ball in Fat Cats hands.  The O and D line of Greeneville Dominated that game and Youngblood (One of of RB) kept blowing up MLB's creating holes that anyone could have ran through.

Greeneville is well aware of how athletic Maplewood is and not the first time these 2 teams have met in the past.  2010 Greeneville went to Maplewood in the Semi's and won on their field and then mercy ruled them 35-0 the next year in the state championship game.

Edited by Swipes

1 hour ago, FootballPops said:

First off I didn’t lost the whole team lol so go back and read dude.

if you think another team is more talented than Greeneville your tryout delusional. And btw swipes is was 38-0 against Maplewood.