Grundy @ Cannon

Gridiron89

I've always been brutally honest, and never cared who I make mad so here we go! I WAS WRONG! BRING CASEY TATE BACK! 4 more games and this season is over and if Evan wants to play somewhere else he can.play calling sucks, what a joke! Another reminder why I hate Grundy County. Call Mr mystic Nunley. I said 3-7 last year and 2-8 this year. Not taking anything from cannon county they looked awesome tonight. We got out coached and that's

the bottom line. 

Edited by jnutz

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, jnutz said:

I've always been brutally honest, and never cared who I make mad so here we go! I WAS WRONG! BRING CASEY TATE BACK! 4 more games and this season is over and if Evan wants to play somewhere else he can.play calling sucks, what a joke! Another reminder why I hate Grundy County. Call Mr mystic Nunley. I said 3-7 last year and 2-8 this year. Not taking anything from cannon county they looked awesome tonight. We got out coached and that's

the bottom line. 

Who is Evan?

8 hours ago, jnutz said:

the bottom line. 

Lol, unbelievable!!! It didn't take long for you to show how Fair weather you are!!!!! Maybe it isn't the coaches but you don't have the players!!!! 

You would think there would have to be a legitimate reason to fire the coach 30 days before the start of the season.  The sad reality though, is this is just Grundy County.  Coach Smith was hired by the former DOS and a 10 team hiring committee last spring.   At the end of last school year, the school board ran off the DOS, put their hand picked person in as the DOS, and hired there hand picked AD.  The new AD has no college degree, has never been a teacher or an administrator in the school system, and was a constant figure behind the scenes the last few years doing everything possible to destroy the DOS and bring the entire school system down with it, if that is what he had to do in order to get rid of her.  Many members on the school board are no better.  Members on the school board would much rather see there own agendas followed and destroy anyone who disagrees with them, even if it means they destroy the sports programs and the school system in the process.  Several members on the school board can not spell education or athletics, yet they try to micromanage both of them.  The reason given for firing Coach Smith was the fields were not cut good enough, the locker room was not clean enough, and he did not want to put South Pitt and Marion County back on the schedule until he got the program to a point where they could compete with them.  The real reason they fired Coach Smith is because the former DOS hired him and they wanted someone else.  In there great wisdom, they hired a coach that has very little, if any high school coaching experience.  Nothing against the new coach, he was a great player.  However, being a great player does not make you a good coach and certainly does not make you a good head coach if you have very little coaching experience.   Becoming a great coach takes time, you have to learn how to lead 40+ young men and have many other responsibilities other than just football fundamentals and Xs and 0s.  Part of the learning process is making mistakes and learning from them.   I don't think you can truly evaluate what a coach is doing with his program until after 3 years, but watching them play this year, they have gotten worse each game instead of better.  From what I am hearing, there are going to be several kids moving to other schools next year, and they are dropping three teams they could compete with and picking up three teams that will beat their brains in.  They will be lucky if they win a single game next year.  The same people that put this coach in his position will be some of the first to turn on him, that is what they do.   The bottom line is that until Grundy County decides to elect school board officials that can put there differences aside and do what is best for the students in the school system, not only the football program is doomed but so is every other sports program and the school system itself.   

37 minutes ago, Trusttheprocess said:

You would think there would have to be a legitimate reason to fire the coach 30 days before the start of the season.  The sad reality though, is this is just Grundy County.  Coach Smith was hired by the former DOS and a 10 team hiring committee last spring.   At the end of last school year, the school board ran off the DOS, put their hand picked person in as the DOS, and hired there hand picked AD.  The new AD has no college degree, has never been a teacher or an administrator in the school system, and was a constant figure behind the scenes the last few years doing everything possible to destroy the DOS and bring the entire school system down with it, if that is what he had to do in order to get rid of her.  Many members on the school board are no better.  Members on the school board would much rather see there own agendas followed and destroy anyone who disagrees with them, even if it means they destroy the sports programs and the school system in the process.  Several members on the school board can not spell education or athletics, yet they try to micromanage both of them.  The reason given for firing Coach Smith was the fields were not cut good enough, the locker room was not clean enough, and he did not want to put South Pitt and Marion County back on the schedule until he got the program to a point where they could compete with them.  The real reason they fired Coach Smith is because the former DOS hired him and they wanted someone else.  In there great wisdom, they hired a coach that has very little, if any high school coaching experience.  Nothing against the new coach, he was a great player.  However, being a great player does not make you a good coach and certainly does not make you a good head coach if you have very little coaching experience.   Becoming a great coach takes time, you have to learn how to lead 40+ young men and have many other responsibilities other than just football fundamentals and Xs and 0s.  Part of the learning process is making mistakes and learning from them.   I don't think you can truly evaluate what a coach is doing with his program until after 3 years, but watching them play this year, they have gotten worse each game instead of better.  From what I am hearing, there are going to be several kids moving to other schools next year, and they are dropping three teams they could compete with and picking up three teams that will beat their brains in.  They will be lucky if they win a single game next year.  The same people that put this coach in his position will be some of the first to turn on him, that is what they do.   The bottom line is that until Grundy County decides to elect school board officials that can put there differences aside and do what is best for the students in the school system, not only the football program is doomed but so is every other sports program and the school system itself.   

Amen, right on point

8 hours ago, Frontrunner1234 said:

I don't have a dog in the race but if a coach gets fired 30 days before kick off there must be a reason. So the new coach you think would be cut a little slack. Just my opinion like I said just wish the boys good luck!

I’ve not said a thing about the new Coach, and wish him the best!