District 8AA

pantherrules

5 hours ago, DCRealist said:

I actually thought they played harder against York than they had been. They played man for the first time but were out of position some. That should improve if they continue to play it. York was by far the best team DC has played to date. York lit it up in the first half to build the lead. Second half was even. Apart from York coming back to earth from 3 in the second half, the biggest difference seemed to be in the way the first and second half were officiated. Refs allowed York to play very physical defense in the first half (led to a lot of TO and few FT) and began calling it closer in the second (less TO and more FT).

After 6 games into the season, I haven't seen DC have a good shooting night. Van Buren was an outlier because of so many lay ups. As bad as DC is with ball security, I am not surprised by their record. The 2 senior guards that started last year have not shot it nearly as well as they did a year ago. A lot can change by adding back a starter like Poss who seems to keep his composure and will pull some of the defense focus away from others. We will learn a lot Friday when they play Watertown. Until discipline and shooting improve, I think that is the battle for 4th. If they don't take care of the ball and shoot better than they have Tuesday at LA could be another long night. That said, we are due to shoot better.

Officials definitely had no bearing on the outcome of that game!! York was just the better team and DC got out worked 

6 hours ago, DCRealist said:

I actually thought they played harder against York than they had been. They played man for the first time but were out of position some. That should improve if they continue to play it. York was by far the best team DC has played to date. York lit it up in the first half to build the lead. Second half was even. Apart from York coming back to earth from 3 in the second half, the biggest difference seemed to be in the way the first and second half were officiated. Refs allowed York to play very physical defense in the first half (led to a lot of TO and few FT) and began calling it closer in the second (less TO and more FT).

After 6 games into the season, I haven't seen DC have a good shooting night. Van Buren was an outlier because of so many lay ups. As bad as DC is with ball security, I am not surprised by their record. The 2 senior guards that started last year have not shot it nearly as well as they did a year ago. A lot can change by adding back a starter like Poss who seems to keep his composure and will pull some of the defense focus away from others. We will learn a lot Friday when they play Watertown. Until discipline and shooting improve, I think that is the battle for 4th. If they don't take care of the ball and shoot better than they have Tuesday at LA could be another long night. That said, we are due to shoot better.

Our man was not very good with so many open shots. Hopefully that improves with time. In man nobody should have that many open shots.  What was our plan in man, still trying to figure that out. With better communication and a plan we shall see improvement.  LA will be a good measuring stick. Hopefully they are coming off an emotional high after the big Upperman win. 

15 hours ago, cattleman said:

Officials definitely had no bearing on the outcome of that game!! York was just the better team and DC got out worked 

York was clearly the better team. I thought I made that clear. My observation was just the difference between the two halves in foul counts and how it impacted score differential. DC has to learn how to deal with physicality and pressure in general.

I was impressed by York. They play really good team defense, shoot the ball well, run hard in transition on both ends of the floor, have length and athleticism. They will be the team to beat in the district. LA has the best player in the district in Sells but York has the length and connectedness on the defensive end to make things difficult for him and they have 3 or 4 guys that can put points on the board.

On 11/27/2018 at 10:23 AM, UTRok said:

From what I've been told York has the Smith kid from LA that transferred in 6' 3" or 4. The meadows kid about the same size. I was recently told the Leffew  kid is back playing. If this is all true this will make them a solid team for sure.

York does have talent across the boards. 

Sr Moody great ball handler, shooter, and play maker

Sr Leffew all around go to person and great play maker

Sr C Smith transfer from LA his size is a wonderful addition to the team

Jr N Smith coming back from an injury last year, who is getting his groove back this year. 

Jr Meadows another good ball handler and an asset to the team with his height

Fr N Smith great play maker who can control the ball, shoot the ball, and control the game.

I expect big things from York this year! 

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, Iceman2000 said:

Picks this week are:

Watertown at Dekalb 

Upperman at York

LA at Smith

Macon vs Cannon 

Take York, LA, Macon and Watertown till Dekalb shows me something different.  

What's everyone else's thoughts. 

Watertown

LA

Cannon

Upperman but this is really hard pick for me. I think York will take away the inside game but that is such a small part of UHS game. My question is can YI defend 3 perimeter shooters on the floor at the same time? How many of YI's big boys will be on the floor at the same time? If UHS moves the ball well and shoots well they win. They shot well vs SC on Tuesday but YI is a better team.