District 8AA

pantherrules

1 hour ago, Iceman2000 said:

Moonshiner I'm tired of being negative,  but something has got to give. Players and coach have to get better. Know way we should be 1-15. Terrible defense fueled White Co's fire. Won't get much better Tue vs Upperman.  Next possible win i see is on Jan 15 vs Smith. 

I know, but if you look back expectations were very low before the season started from everybody except DC folks.  2 returning starters, the best player injured, the rest with little experience, new coach with new system, it is what it is.  Terrible defense? Yea, but that's the part I can't figure out....offense too. Last night during the 1st half, everything looked pretty good, especially against a good team like WC, but fell apart in the 1st 5-6 minutes of the 2nd half.  I don't get it. But I do like seeing the younger guys getting their feet wet when things get out of hand,  They are a little wide eyed now but that will pay off in the long run and I heard a parent say the JV has played as many games as varsity this year and have looked good,,,,That don't help right now but at least it's something.

16 minutes ago, Moonshiner said:

I know, but if you look back expectations were very low before the season started from everybody except DC folks.  2 returning starters, the best player injured, the rest with little experience, new coach with new system, it is what it is.  Terrible defense? Yea, but that's the part I can't figure out....offense too. Last night during the 1st half, everything looked pretty good, especially against a good team like WC, but fell apart in the 1st 5-6 minutes of the 2nd half.  I don't get it. But I do like seeing the younger guys getting their feet wet when things get out of hand,  They are a little wide eyed now but that will pay off in the long run and I heard a parent say the JV has played as many games as varsity this year and have looked good,,,,That don't help right now but at least it's something.

Not just DC folks had high expectations . The Coach on his preseason WJLE radio plainly states that this team could finish in the top 4. So he had high hopes, if you don't believe that then you sure don't tell everyone that. You will see how talented these JV kids are next year when all these seniors graduate,  they aren't that talented.  Just my humble opinion,  but they are getting lots of playing time and experience for all the blowouts we are in. Oh well, enjoy the weekend and see you back at the Den on Tue. Lets get some Bees. 

I've not seen the Dekalb varsity play yet. The JV I've seen a couple of times once at Upperman play day and again at Watertown. I a years time kids can change significantly but as of now not a ton of help coming up from JV. At the UHS play day they had a big kid 6' 3" maybe #210 not bad had a decent game but didn't see him at Watertown figured they pulled him up to varsity.

16 minutes ago, UTRok said:

I've not seen the Dekalb varsity play yet. The JV I've seen a couple of times once at Upperman play day and again at Watertown. I a years time kids can change significantly but as of now not a ton of help coming up from JV. At the UHS play day they had a big kid 6' 3" maybe #210 not bad had a decent game but didn't see him at Watertown figured they pulled him up to varsity.

UTRok, i hope you are right. Things can definitely change in a years time. Hopefully we get a little luck on our side this time and jv kids get significantly better. 

20 hours ago, UTRok said:

UTRok, i hope you are right. Things can definitely change in a years time. Hopefully we get a little luck on our side this time and jv kids get significantly better. 

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:43 PM, Iceman2000 said:

JV boy play at Dekalb today 4:15 or 4:30 I believe.

3 hours ago, UTRok said:

JV boy play at Dekalb today 4:15 or 4:30 I believe.

I think some (2-3) of DC have been pulled up to varsity. At least I've seen play varsity some.    But this type of play can only make both teams young'uns better down the road. Show them what they have to improve on.......