District 8AA

pantherrules

53 minutes ago, UTRok said:

Upperman handles LA tonight 69-56. 

Big win for Upperman tonight.  DeKalb goes down to York, looked good after 1st Q only down 2. Midway thru the 4th we were down 28 pts.  Our reserves pulled the margin to 21. Sanders got a Technical,  and the game seemed to turn. Took the wind out of our sails. Looks like Watertown and Macon picked up good wins tonight.  

3 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

Big win for Upperman tonight.  DeKalb goes down to York, looked good after 1st Q only down 2. Midway thru the 4th we were down 28 pts.  Our reserves pulled the margin to 21. Sanders got a Technical,  and the game seemed to turn. Took the wind out of our sails. Looks like Watertown and Macon picked up good wins tonight.  

If  it wasn't for the one Dekalb guard going off in the 1sr qtr game might've  been 30 at the half.

When normalcy prevailed it was a physical dominance.

Dekalb boys play hard, there is ZERO shame  in that!  They play hard and with sportsmanship.

Just limited physically.

From posts on here the expectations are totally unrealistic from the home people.  They just aren't very good.... But they do compete and that's a testament to the kids and the coach.

On 1/19/2019 at 2:08 AM, tnhoosier said:

If  it wasn't for the one Dekalb guard going off in the 1sr qtr game might've  been 30 at the half.

When normalcy prevailed it was a physical dominance.

Dekalb boys play hard, there is ZERO shame  in that!  They play hard and with sportsmanship.

Just limited physically.

From posts on here the expectations are totally unrealistic from the home people.  They just aren't very good.... But they do compete and that's a testament to the kids and the coach.

Tnhoosier I agree with some of your comments.  There is know way this team should be 3-17, absolutely blows everyone's mind that our record is this bad. Did we all believe we would be world beaters absolutely not. My guess was that the Tigers would be .500 or better on the season.  Just my opinion,  believed by most. My expectations for this team in the district were middle of the pack.  My expectations for the boys rose after the coaches preseason assessment at the beginning of the yea on his WJLE show. He said there is no doubt with the talent on this team and the way we played this summer that we can't finish 3rd or 4th in the district.  We all fell in, especially with most teams losing a great deal of starters from each team other than York and Upperman. Oh well, this is my observation and opinion.  3-17 are you kidding me, wait till next year. 

28 minutes ago, dctiger said:

DC gave Livingston all they could handle. Led almost the entire game and fell in OT. Was a fun game to watch but wish we could have pulled it out. Oh well, on to Watertown Friday. 

Great game dctiger. Wish the boys could have pulled it out. Getting a little better each and every game. On to Watertown.  

7 hours ago, LesterJWayne said:

Score was tied at 26 at the half. Upperman led 42-39 after 3 and won 58-52. Game stayed close in the 2nd half but I don't remember Smith ever leading.

They led the whole 1 quarter till the last seconds and some of the 2 and 3 but never in the 4th doesn’t matter a good game