District 8AA

pantherrules

Smith played much better than anything I've seen from them this season. They turned it over a ton the first time they played UHS. Last night, they limited turnovers, made shots, and played much better D forcing UHS to make tough shots resulting in the Bees not shooting as well as the first time they played. It was a good game that remained close the whole way. Upperman didn't play their best, but a lot of credit to Smith for being a major cause of that. There are no easy road games in this district. Dekalb gave LA a run last night too.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, Iceman2000 said:

Tnhoosier I agree with some of your comments.  There is know way this team should be 3-17, absolutely blows everyone's mind that our record is this bad. Did we all believe we would be world beaters absolutely not. My guess was that the Tigers would be .500 or better on the season.  Just my opinion,  believed by most. My expectations for this team in the district were middle of the pack.  My expectations for the boys rose after the coaches preseason assessment at the beginning of the yea on his WJLE show. He said there is no doubt with the talent on this team and the way we played this summer that we can't finish 3rd or 4th in the district.  We all fell in, especially with most teams losing a great deal of starters from each team other than York and Upperman. Oh well, this is my observation and opinion.  3-17 are you kidding me, wait till next year. 

After watching the game last night ( great game by the way) I think DC is now where everyone, even Sanders, thought they would be in November. The last 3-4 games things look tons better. 

Ill say this too....I've been hearing a few parents talk highly of the JV team and Coach Vance.  I watched them yesterday.  They were fun to watch too.  I saw  a lot of potential players there. They play hard, the whole game. Look coachable and look to have fun. Now, they are JV and make JV mistakes but that's what JV is for..to learn.  What will they be next year, I don't know, but I was kinda impressed. 

5 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

Smith and Upperman score kind of surprised me. Any details Dexter 10? 

Smith played well last night under control and made shots couple of mistakes at the end cost them a real chance at a upset but looked tons better York was to far for me to travel to watch both teams lose but I was surprised to also am sure Upperman wasn’t expecting it either 

21 hours ago, LesterJWayne said:

Smith played much better than anything I've seen from them this season. They turned it over a ton the first time they played UHS. Last night, they limited turnovers, made shots, and played much better D forcing UHS to make tough shots resulting in the Bees not shooting as well as the first time they played. It was a good game that remained close the whole way. Upperman didn't play their best, but a lot of credit to Smith for being a major cause of that. There are no easy road games in this district. Dekalb gave LA a run last night too.

It was the most enjoyable game ,girls or boys,I've seen all season. I'll take effort, discipline, and direction. We have had spurts when we don't look bad.

• Like 1

I thought DeKalb would or should be around 5-4 like Macon and Watertown.  I bet Upperman wins the district.  Yorks loss to Macon will kill them in a tie breaker situation.  

My final prediction 

1. Upp

2. York

3. LA

4. Watertown 

5. Macon

6. Cannon

7. DeKalb

8. Smith

What's everyone else's thoughts and predictions.  

1 hour ago, cannonguy said:

Cannon defeats Macon in a must win game. 

They played well tonight got to keep it up  Dekalb got another win also. I guess it’s hard to win at Upperman I think York has the best team in the district also looks like La killed Smith thought maybe they was playing better lately guess not