District 8AA

pantherrules

I think Upperman is in the drivers seat in the district with LA and YI still having to play each other. They also must avoid a big let down. We all know how important it is to be one of the top 2 seeds in the district to get to the region. You still need to show up and play. It will be an interesting district tournament. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:37 PM, Iceman2000 said:

I thought DeKalb would or should be around 5-4 like Macon and Watertown.  I bet Upperman wins the district.  Yorks loss to Macon will kill them in a tie breaker situation.  

My final prediction 

1. Upp

2. York

3. LA

4. Watertown 

5. Macon

6. Cannon

7. DeKalb

8. Smith

What's everyone else's thoughts and predictions.  

Good game by DC last night. Won with one of their better players having a terrible shooting night (it happens),,,some others stepped up big at key moments..

DC has 5 games left, 4 being district games. Upperman -Cannon-Macon-Smith with SC-MC-CC at DC.

If....BIG if.......DC wins 3 of the 4.....and looking at the remaining schedules, DC could finish about where some thought they should/could..  Then the  tournament where things could get interesting.  

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:28 AM, UTRok said:

I think Upperman is in the drivers seat in the district with LA and YI still having to play each other. They also must avoid a big let down. We all know how important it is to be one of the top 2 seeds in the district to get to the region. You still need to show up and play. It will be an interesting district tournament. 

Upperman was ejected from the drivers seat tonight at Watertown.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, Moonshiner said:

Good game by DC last night. Won with one of their better players having a terrible shooting night (it happens),,,some others stepped up big at key moments..

DC has 5 games left, 4 being district games. Upperman -Cannon-Macon-Smith with SC-MC-CC at DC.

If....BIG if.......DC wins 3 of the 4.....and looking at the remaining schedules, DC could finish about where some thought they should/could..  Then the  tournament where things could get interesting.  

Oh well......... still can win 3 of 4, but Upperman is one of those 3 and the game is at Baxter.......

Edited by Moonshiner

17 hours ago, cannonguy said:

Cannon gets a big win on the road against Dekalb. We led by as much as 12,  but Dekalb struggled back to cut the lead. 

10 came out hot for DC, cooled off. Then 22 got hot, then cooled off.  DC got many 2nd chance points in the 1st quarter and controlled the boards.........then that stopped...........then, well,...... ballgame.    

2 hours ago, Moonshiner said:

DC don't match up well with CC. Dc got nothing inside, and CC controlled the boards for 2 1/2 -3 quarters,

2 hours ago, Dexter10 said:

If Cannon can get a couple more wins we can move up to 5 th seed in the tournament 

Very possible Dexter10. The coach at Cannon has done a nice job with this team. Oh I was there Moonshiner, so Jones and Cook have around 32 at Watertown and get hardly nothing  vs Cannon. Boards is a effort type of skill.