District 8AA

pantherrules

On 12/3/2019 at 11:15 PM, UTRok said:

Livingston goes to Upperman Friday night. UHS at Smith Tuesday and then York comes to UHS the next Friday. That will tell you a bit about the district. UHS then heads to Alcoa before traveling to Florida to play.

The Alcoa game tomorrow will be interesting. We are short 2 starters and a bench player due to football. If we had those players I would feel pretty good but without them we will have to play our best game of the year to win. I expect both of these teams will make it to Murfreesboro come late February. Who knows this could be a preview of a state tournament game? 

We showed some toughness at cookeville too. We were without two starters last night and another player who started some games but got to play quite a bit quit. I’ve said it before, but I like where we are. Showing some toughness and competing is already an improvement over the last couple of years. 

1 hour ago, dctiger said:

We showed some toughness at cookeville too. We were without two starters last night and another player who started some games but got to play quite a bit quit. I’ve said it before, but I like where we are. Showing some toughness and competing is already an improvement over the last couple of years. 

I knew White was out sick and Antoiac  (sp?) was out hurt and I noticed Elswick was out.  I like that they play hard ( most of the time).  Last year ole Iceman thought this year would be as bad or worse than last with what we were losing. And he was concerned about  #1 Hale being the only bright spot for the future, but there have been 3-4 others step up I don't think most were expecting. #21 soph.  #5 Jr.  #25 Soph.  #11 Fresh. and # 1 soph. . They are young and going to make mistakes ( stupid turnovers and bad shot selection some), and the game is a little fast for them sometimes, but play hard and are learning, getting better. 

Edited by Moonshiner

33 minutes ago, Moonshiner said:

I knew White was out sick and Antoiac  (sp?) was out hurt and I noticed Elswick was out.  I like that they play hard ( most of the time).  Last year ole Iceman thought this year would be as bad or worse than last with what we were losing. And he was concerned about  #1 Hale being the only bright spot for the future, but there have been 3-4 others step up I don't think most were expecting. #21 soph.  #5 Jr.  #25 Soph.  #11 Fresh. and # 1 soph. . They are young and going to make mistakes ( stupid turnovers and bad shot selection some), and the game is a little fast for them sometimes, but play hard and are learning, getting better. 

If I heard correctly Elswick quit. And his senior banner was gone so I think it’s true. I hope Antoniak is able to come back but I haven’t heard any news. White should be back soon. Heard it was a stomach bug.