District 8AA

pantherrules

43 minutes ago, dctiger said:

If I heard correctly Elswick quit. And his senior banner was gone so I think it’s true. I hope Antoniak is able to come back but I haven’t heard any news. White should be back soon. Heard it was a stomach bug. 

If that's true, I hate that.  He gave them a little depth and could score a few here and there.

I heard Antoniak would be back in a week, or 2.

2 hours ago, Moonshiner said:

If that's true, I hate that.  He gave them a little depth and could score a few here and there.

I heard Antoniak would be back in a week, or 2.

Good win for the Tigers last night. Any time you beat LA is a good win. Make no bones about that's not a LA team of old.  We have more quality players than them, they just have a stud. White and Antoniak do help and will help as far as depth and quality.  Hate to see Elswick quit, heard that before the game. We are 3-6, so Moonshiner it may end up better and it may not. Time will tell, but the Tigers are young with potential.  Hopefully you are right.  We got Lebanon next at Watertown.  Good luck Tigers. 

On 12/16/2019 at 11:15 AM, Springbrookrat said:

Congrats to Upperman on beating Alcoa on Saturday in a very competitive game. I expect these two teams will have a good chance to make it to Murfreesboro. 

Yeah man, I heard some of the Alcoa players were still doing football. Any players out that could have made difference?

7 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

Good win for the Tigers last night. Any time you beat LA is a good win. Make no bones about that's not a LA team of old.  We have more quality players than them, they just have a stud. White and Antoniak do help and will help as far as depth and quality.  Hate to see Elswick quit, heard that before the game. We are 3-6, so Moonshiner it may end up better and it may not. Time will tell, but the Tigers are young with potential.  Hopefully you are right.  We got Lebanon next at Watertown.  Good luck Tigers. 

Anywhere I could find the full brackets for that tourney?

15 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

Better may not translate into wins yet as much as it does effort and playing as best as you can. I like what I saw in most games, but a couple (White Co. and slow start to H2O) not as much. LA wasn't the usual LA, but in years past seems like DC found a way to lose no matter what LA put in the floor.  

We can beat Lebanon and we get to see if we can play better vs Cookeville.  Two good games to play.  Finding the right combination of starters and playing time for each kid is very important.  Moonshiner you going today.

We play at 530 today vs Lebanon and 530 tomorrow vs Cookeville.  Both at Watertown High school.  Good luck Tigers. 

27 minutes ago, Iceman2000 said:

We can beat Lebanon and we get to see if we can play better vs Cookeville.  Two good games to play.  Finding the right combination of starters and playing time for each kid is very important.  Moonshiner you going today.

We play at 530 today vs Lebanon and 530 tomorrow vs Cookeville.  Both at Watertown High school.  Good luck Tigers. 

Planning on it...…..both days. I looked at Lebanon's schedule....don't know about that one. We played Cookville better than the score indicated last week. Best as I remember, seemed like they couldn't miss any 3 they took, but DC stayed close. DC needs a total effort from our big guys. Seems they come and go, but that may be because of the flow of the game sometimes...….  
Hey Ice, maybe you know. I saw a kid with a leg/knee brace on, I think he must be a freshman, I never saw him before this year. 1st name Robert I think. Looks to be a big kid. Know anything about him?

42 minutes ago, Iceman2000 said:

Lebanon is 7-1 and their only loss is to Mt Juliet, arguably one of the top AAA teams in the state, by 6 points. They also won at Cookeville. Anything is possible, but I would say it's far more likely Lebanon wins fairly easily. You're probably setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect Dekalb to win that game.

On 12/18/2019 at 6:56 PM, crow6424 said:

Yeah man, I heard some of the Alcoa players were still doing football. Any players out that could have made difference?

Well we had 2 kids that will be starters that come out this Monday. Cam Burden and Isiah Cox will start for this team. Burden is 6’2 post player that scored 30 in the state tournament last year for Sevier County. He’s very athletic and should be a huge help. Isaiah Cox is 6’3 long, athletic and can play multiple positions. We also have another guard that’s very good defensively that should help us. This team will look totally different by years end as long as the point guard gets healthy. We won’t know the status of him until next Tuesday. With a full roster this team could be really really good. 

10 hours ago, Moonshiner said:

Planning on it...…..both days. I looked at Lebanon's schedule....don't know about that one. We played Cookville better than the score indicated last week. Best as I remember, seemed like they couldn't miss any 3 they took, but DC stayed close. DC needs a total effort from our big guys. Seems they come and go, but that may be because of the flow of the game sometimes...….  
Hey Ice, maybe you know. I saw a kid with a leg/knee brace on, I think he must be a freshman, I never saw him before this year. 1st name Robert I think. Looks to be a big kid. Know anything about him?

Wheeler kid. A young post that has improved each and every year. Could be a good player down the road. I missed the Lebanon score bad. 86-42 was the Final. Absolute no show by the Tigers.  Not much to say after that one. I know it's tough games to win, but at least be somewhat competitive.  Maybe we can get Cookeville tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, Iceman2000 said:

Wheeler kid. A young post that has improved each and every year. Could be a good player down the road. I missed the Lebanon score bad. 86-42 was the Final. Absolute no show by the Tigers.  Not much to say after that one. I know it's tough games to win, but at least be somewhat competitive.  Maybe we can get Cookeville tomorrow.  

It was competitive......1st half, despite all the mistakes. Not having White hurt. Best ball handler we have.