District 8AA

pantherrules

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 10:06 PM, Iceman2000 said:

Lived here my whole life. Nothing more than what you think and I think are 2 totally different assessments.  I think we are going backwards. Hope things can turnaround soon. Nothing make me happier than to see the Tigers start winning.  At least I can go watch the Tigerettes tomorrow night. 

I'm a little disappointed. I was really expecting more than just a "totally different assessment". That seems a little weak from someone who seems to have strong opinions. I don't know about the backwards part after looking at the history provided.  I think DCTiger may be right. Seems every sport is year-round now. and kids pick 1-2. With BB overlapping FB and Baseball, playing all 3 may be too much. If a kid plays all 3, they get what, 2 weeks dead period, and that's it.

On 2/29/2020 at 10:19 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Who comes out on top?  Who makes the trip up 27/111 to Baxter?

Howard or Tyner. Will any of the 8AA coaches come to Chattanooga tomorrow night??

Hope all of the fans in middle Tn. are safe and l pray for strength for those that were affected.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Howard or Tyner. Will any of the 8AA coaches come to Chattanooga tomorrow night??

Hope all of the fans in middle Tn. are safe and l pray for strength for those that were affected.

Not sure if they will or not but if I was coaching I’d have someone there.  I’m sure your coaches will do the same. Thanks for the kind words it’s been a pretty tough week. I know  of at least two of the girls on Uppermans team that lost their homes. 

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Sad 1

On 3/4/2020 at 9:42 AM, TynerRamFan said:

Yea its ugly man I really dont see no point of really playing the game at the moment even though I understand it can bring some brightness to some. East Nashville and PC both school have turned into a shelter/Hotel at least until sunday.

Tyner should wipe the floor with York. They only play 5 kids. Bring the pressure and run them up and down the floor and Tyner wins going away in the second half just like UHS did the first 3 times they played this year. UHS wasn't allowed to do that tonight because they got a foul called every time they blinked. Foul count was 24-11 in York's favor. York was in the double bonus both halves and UHS never even got to 1 and 1 either half. Tell me that didn't make a difference in a 5 point game. If the game was even close to evenly officiated, UHS wins going away for the 4th time. Unfortunate that such a big game had to be decided by such biased officiating. As bad as I've ever seen. I've not seen the official numbers but I would guess that York shot 30 FT to less than 10 for UHS. That's nearly impossible to overcome. Amazing that UHS was within 5.

21 minutes ago, LesterJWayne said:

Tyner should wipe the floor with York. They only play 5 kids. Bring the pressure and run them up and down the floor and Tyner wins going away in the second half just like UHS did the first 3 times they played this year. UHS wasn't allowed to do that tonight because they got a foul called every time they blinked. Foul count was 24-11 in York's favor. York was in the double bonus both halves and UHS never even got to 1 and 1 either half. Tell me that didn't make a difference in a 5 point game. If the game was even close to evenly officiated, UHS wins going away for the 4th time. Unfortunate that such a big game had to be decided by such biased officiating. As bad as I've ever seen. I've not seen the official numbers but I would guess that York shot 30 FT to less than 10 for UHS. That's nearly impossible to overcome. Amazing that UHS was within 5.

In true UHS fashion aight. The refs rode York’s bus .. so they were obligated to call it a York’s way. There is no way York played a cleaner game.

Edited by GermyPrewit

58 minutes ago, GermyPrewit said:

In true UHS fashion aight. The refs rode York’s bus .. so they were obligated to call it a York’s way. There is no way York played a cleaner game.

Nope, York definitely didn't play a cleaner game. I can think of at least 6 no calls that should have went in favor of UHS. Allen and Gore were both hit hard multiple times going to the basket and didn't get the call. Allen had an obvious And 1 in the 2nd half that went uncalled right in front of an official. Gore was knocked to the floor on an illegal screen in the first half right in front of an official and when the UHS coach complained the official told him he didn't see a foul there? I personally saw all of it from the stands. It was obvious. Babic and Rush both got bodied inside all night and I think they went to the line maybe once apiece. Meanwhile York shot 30 FT to UHS maybe 10. This is the 4th time these teams have played this year. York didn't miraculously become the cleaner team in a week. If all of that wasn't obvious enough, the lead official calling an official TO to give the UHS coach a coach's box warning when he was literally kneeling on the hash mark with the ball at the opposite end of the court was over the top arrogant and obvious. I'm not sure the officials are necessarily in bed with York, but they were obviously against UHS. Maybe their from the Chattanooga region and want to help provide the best path for those teams. UHS has the best shot of any region 4 team to get to the Boro and they still do, but going to Howard will be incredibly tough. I don't think York has any chance even playing at home. Literally ZERO depth and those 5 guys are going to get ran off the court.

Upperman fans complaining about officiating in a boys or girls game is ironic.  They both get favorable results from officials in almost every game they play in the Upper Cumberland.  Both coaches “work” the district/local officials from every opening whistle and reap the benefits.  The difference is those officials are not present in region contests.

In the region they face what every district coach opposing Upperman faces In every game before the regions......little to zero consideration.

Honestly for the first time in four games York didn’t settle for jacking 3s.  They attacked Baxter in the paint.  Did they get the benefit of a couple calls, I’d agree. But can’t anyone say York was not the more aggressive, downhill team.

Did York get away with one here or there, probably.  It happens... Upperman has been on the fortunate end of that stick over this season & more often than not over the last few years.

Unlike the Upperman fans that have posted, hopefully both 8AA teams go to Murfreesboro.

More importantly,  Jamestown Is wishing the best for Baxter and their recovery from the tornado.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, tnhoosier said:

Upperman fans complaining about officiating in a boys or girls game is ironic.  They both get favorable results from officials in almost every game they play in the Upper Cumberland.  Both coaches “work” the district/local officials from every opening whistle and reap the benefits.  The difference is those officials are not present in region contests.

In the region they face what every district coach opposing Upperman faces In every game before the regions......little to zero consideration.

Honestly for the first time in four games York didn’t settle for jacking 3s.  They attacked Baxter in the paint.  Did they get the benefit of a couple calls, I’d agree. But can’t anyone say York was not the more aggressive, downhill team.

Did York get away with one here or there, probably.  It happens... Upperman has been on the fortunate end of that stick over this season & more often than not over the last few years.

Unlike the Upperman fans that have posted, hopefully both 8AA teams go to Murfreesboro.

More importantly,  Jamestown Is wishing the best for Baxter and their recovery from the tornado.

Complete fabrication but a popular one none the less most likely due to the continued success of both UHS teams. The reality is that the foul count is typically relatively even in most UHS games I've seen. There's no way to justify a foul count discrepancy of 24-11 in any single game. That's not a few missed calls my man.

And York was not any more aggressive or downhill than UHS tonight. In fact, they went to stall ball most of the 4th quarter and TOs almost bit them, but the officials squelched every run UHS made with foul calls and FTs for York. I'm for both 8aa teams going to the Boro, but I don't think York has enough depth and they don't win tonight without a tremendous amount of help. Honestly they don't even have 5 players. Nick folds under pressure and the 5th starter is basically non-existent. Rog, Noah, and the other kid are all solid, but 3 guys won't beat Tyner.

I didn't go to the game last night, but I think poor officiating is something that teams have to deal with. Unfortunately, it's just part of the game, like bad turnovers or bad a shooting night. I would argue that Upperman is in a better position than most teams to withstand foul trouble. They have more depth than any other team in 8AA. Did anyone foul out? Also, UHS hasn't been in very many close games this year which may have hurt them down the stretch